PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys EX - What`s the deal?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MattZ28
08-23-2004, 02:50 PM
http://www.autopia.org/review/censura.php?cmd=details&itemid=359

It seems like people either love it or hate it. I`ve never really seen a product that got bashed so badly yet praised as an outstanding product at the same time like this one has. Has the product been reformulated at all?

Speak your mind, all opinions are appreciated :)

scottabir
08-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Its one of the best products in my garage.

EBPcivicsi
08-23-2004, 03:06 PM
I like it and think that it is a very nice product. I think that it is extremely easy to use and looks great. It last for at least thirty days, that is all that I require in terms of durability.

IMO we are all looking for something different when it comes to car care products. What I value in a sealant others may not.

Earlier this year there was a best/worse thread. I thought that it was really funny to see how many products were in both threads. Some products that were favorites were someone else`s most hated.

One man`s trash is another man`s treasure. ;)

6']['9
08-23-2004, 03:22 PM
i dont like it and i have 2 bottles of it. But then again its not the product its process which will make or break the lsp.

1cleanws6 did a bad *** job of using the ex

andriver
08-23-2004, 03:33 PM
This product is like Vanilla Moose. Some people hate it and some people sing its praises.

Personally, I have tried EX before and think it`s a good product.

Scottwax
08-23-2004, 04:29 PM
I`m not sure why the wide disparity either. I really like EX and get decent durability with it. In addition, it is easy on and easy off.

hirosh
08-23-2004, 04:38 PM
gee, sounds like NXT ;):D i guess like all products with such a wide range of users and environments, you will get a wide range of results.

it seems to me that certain people just prefer certain products that have certain characteristics, while other people aren`t so picky, and just look at ease of use and ending results. personally, i love it except waiting the suggested 30-60 minutes for a "deeper" look, nor waiting 24 hours before putting on a second coat, but i guess that comes with the terroritory. but i find it easy to use and remove, one swipe of the MF unless i had put it on too thickly, which then requires a few more swipes but nothing hard to do, and love the look. i just started using it so i wouldn`t know about the durability. but since i clean my car weekly, durability isn`t such a big deal to me.

1 Clean WS6
08-23-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 6`][`9

i dont like it and i have 2 bottles of it. But then again its not the product its process which will make or break the lsp.

1cleanws6 did a bad *** job of using the ex

Damn dude....thanks...that means a lot. :up

That was my first go with EX and other than a little trouble I had with application it was a super experience. It removed like it wasn`t even there and the shine was hella sick.

I think many have hit the nail on the head in this thread...its all subjective. Some might find the Pinnacle waxes the cream of the crop while others might find Turtle Wax as the "fo` shizzle". :nixweiss

GoodnClean
08-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Like NXT for some reason Poorboy`s products generate a lot of hate. Not quite sure why.

stilez
08-24-2004, 02:35 PM
I have a pretty set use for my different LSP`s as far as they go on which finishes.

For EX, I use it on dark solids and get outstanding results. Yeah, the depth might not be there, but the color appears deeper, and the wetness effect is like a pool of paint.

MattZ28
08-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanks all for the honest opinions. EX and Natty`s is definitely going to be my next combo to try.

Sean - you posting pics of your car = thirty less dollars in my wallet :lol

Woob
08-24-2004, 03:36 PM
:up I have to say its ridiculously easy to use and gives a great warm feel to the paint. :nixweiss No Clue why Poorboy`s is hated, but they are easy to use and give great results

T. Perinne
08-24-2004, 03:41 PM
I`m lovin this... I think my first detail on the new black paint will be the PWC + EX + Natty`s touched up with Poorboy`s QD! My other option was the Klasse Twins + Souveran... anybody want to compare these two combos, besides the price difference?

l33
08-24-2004, 03:46 PM
Poorboys is hated?

It seems a lot of people here use their products, and just about everyone on the dc board.

I think maybe people prefer EX-P over EX or vice versa, 2 products with the similar names maybe divided users?

:nixweiss

mtodde
08-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by L33

Poorboys is hated?

It seems a lot of people here use their products, and just about everyone on the dc board.

I think maybe people prefer EX-P over EX or vice versa, 2 products with the similar names maybe divided users?

:nixweiss

True...I don`t think I`ve ever run into anybody that just hates Poorboy`s. We all have products we don`t like, but most people that have tried Poorboy`s really like it.