PDA

View Full Version : If AIO twice a year, what to use in between?

T. Perinne
08-23-2004, 02:27 PM
On my new black paint job, I would like to use AIO after it cures... I want to follow up with Souveran. If AIO is only needed twice a year, what should be used before more coats of Souveran when detailing between uses of AIO? I should still have IHG from when the paint was curing if that matters...

Bill D
08-23-2004, 02:31 PM
I`d just top the AIO with SG, then add your Souveran, when the Souveran wears down, re apply it or even add more SG then Souveran. Add the AIO-SG-Souveran only if you have to spot polish or when you`re starting all over again from scratch. The IHG is not compatible with Klasse . If you want to use it you could only use Souveran alone.

T. Perinne
08-23-2004, 02:39 PM
SG on top of the existing prior coat(s) of Souveran will be ok between the 6 month AIO applications? I like the idea of SG + Souveran inbetween but I don`t know what SG will do to the older Souveran coats.

BTW, this is a non-daily driver... fair weather weekends only that I want to keep a car show quality on.

Bill D
08-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Nope,

AIO-SG-Souveran first.

Add your Souveran to that as you see fit.

volvoguy
08-23-2004, 02:54 PM
T.

Bill is right, if you try and add Klasse SG over your Souveran it will not bond and you will have just wasted some of your time and SG. SG should provide a great deal of protection for a weekened car and putting a couple layers of Souveran over top of SG will provide alot of protection

T. Perinne
08-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Then my plan will be the Twins + Souveran twice a year... then just wash + Souveran to serve as in between detailings. If there are any other products to put on before the wax during those wash + Souveran jobs, please let me know. I guess that`s how I should`ve worded my original question. :)

imported_series1
08-23-2004, 04:03 PM
You don`t need to apply souveran every time you wash your car maybe once a month. You should be good then.

Intercooled
08-23-2004, 04:06 PM
I just started using the KLasse twins and was curiouse about using souveran. I like your idea of topping off with Souveran in between washings.

Accumulator
08-23-2004, 06:20 PM
T. Perinne- Not to call anyone a liar, but the "AIO will last 6 months" bit seldom works out that well in the real world. Even 1 layer of SG will be hard pressed to last that long, depending on what the vehicle goes through (more layers is different, I`m past *a year* on 6 layers of SG). The more layers of SG before the Souveran the better.

You`ll soon get a feel for how often you need to refresh the Souveran.

Just keep the IHG for fresh paint (and hope you don`t need it soon ;) ), it doesn`t really fit in with the Klasse/Souveran plan.