PDA

View Full Version : Layering NXT

triplethreat
08-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Can NXT be layered and if so how long should you wait between coats.

White95Max
08-23-2004, 12:11 PM
I believe NXT has a light cleaner in it, so theoretically it could not be layered, as subsequent layers would remove any layers before them.

I have applied NXT in layers before, waiting at least 24 hours between coats. I couldn`t really tell of any difference in appearance between one layer and two.

I have since switched to Paste Glaz, which is a pure carnauba, and can be layered.

Mike_Phillips
08-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Two thin coats will always look better and insure more complete, and uniform coverage, than one coat. This holds true for most paint protectants whether they are natural or synthetic or a blend.

Our chemist told me that for optimum results, apply the second coat approximately 12 hours later to insure the polymers from the first coat have completely set-up. For a lot of people, this isn`t possible, so one application applied 15 minutes or so after the first application is still better than one application.

YMMV

Mike

Mike_Phillips
08-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by White95Max

I have applied NXT in layers before, waiting at least 24 hours between coats. I couldn`t really tell of any difference in appearance between one layer and two.

In order to tell a difference, you need a medium to dark colored car, and you have to look at the results in different light, and at different angles. The difference is mostly one of a uniform look.

At our Saturday clinics and at the extreme makeovers, I try to pull the cars were working on out into the sun after the first application for everyone to inspect, and then again after the second application for everyone to inspect. With a little help, I can usually help people to see the difference. I would say this hold true for most waxes, polishes, paint protectants, etc. not just Tech Wax.

Mike