PDA

View Full Version : SPLAT! (or the many uses of detailing clay)

imported_The Uncle
08-23-2004, 11:56 AM
So, I`m driving home from work two nights ago across I-134. I notice, out of the corner of my eye, a rubber traffic cone bouncing across the highway. Before I knew what happened, the darn thing hit my car square in the front fender, and then dragged itself across the passenger side of the car. When I got home, I had a long black line of rubber on the side panel. I washed and washed, but could not get it off. Finally, I got out my detailing clay, and used that. It did an amazing job of getting rid of the rubber residue. And, the only damage I could find was a chip in the hard plastic fender near the car.

Anyway, moral to the story, is that detailing clay is a useful tool to have for many purposes. I initially bought it to get rid of rail dust before using the Klasse Twins on my new car. But, it is really quite helpful for these sorts of emergency situations.

I`m posting this in the "Autopia University" forum, because it is another example of an important lesson I`ve learned here. Some of the same tools that help you properly prepare you car for products like Klasse can come in handy for more generally cleaning purposes.

Dennis H.
08-23-2004, 12:04 PM
You can use the clay to check the deck height when building a motor and you can also use it to draw heat away from an area while welding.

Neat stuff!