PDA

View Full Version : cleaning dash

MidNiteMysT
08-23-2004, 08:25 AM
i have some white overspray on the dash like material on the side. the part where when you open your door, you see your vent that leads into your door. that surface has some white spray on there and i want to clean it off but it wont come off and im not sure what to use to get it off. i tried armorall cleaner wipes but its not strong enough. what would be good to take that stuff off and not harm the material? im afraid rubbing alcohol might be harmful.

also, i dont think im gonna use armorall anymore. i think im gonna order megs #40 for the dash, what do you guys think? i heard it brings out the black and doesnt make it too shiny which is what i want.

acl99
08-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Clay it than clean the residue off with a vinyl cleaner of your choice, than dress.

MidNiteMysT
08-23-2004, 10:37 PM
what viynl cleaner is good to use? cuz all i have is these crappy armorall cleaner wipes. will that do? and you could clay viynl? the same one you use to clay your paint?

MidNiteMysT
09-09-2004, 02:25 PM
bump

imported_Sullybob
09-09-2004, 02:37 PM
If its the hard vinyl, I would clay it and then use your AA wipes to get any residue off.

MidNiteMysT
09-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by MidNiteMysT

the same one you use to clay your paint?

imported_Sullybob
09-10-2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by MidNiteMysT

Yes. Clay very gently. If its the soft vinyl be very careful.