PDA

View Full Version : Product suggestion.....

imported_Lawdog
08-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Going to do an exterior on a friend of mines GMC extended cab pickup. He`s an attorney, and I am going to do it as a freebie, #1 because he is a friend, and #2 because he works with other attorneys and could be a good source of referals. His truck is the champagne shade of silver. He said it has never been waxed and is rarely washed. It is several years old, and while it is not swirled badly (due to never being washed I suppose) the paint is very dull. I`m not going to buy anything new to use on it, and this is what`s on my shelf:

Meguiars-

DACP

Swirl Free Polish

Color-X (haven`t tried this yet)

Deep Crystal polish

Deep Crystal Paint cleaner

Gold Class Wax

NXT Tech Wax

Also have some Mothers Pure Carnuaba and Zaino, along with various QD`s and trim treatments, but that`s not my question

I assume I will get better results using the polishes than I would the Color-X as a 1 step. Is that correct. I plan on using a MOthers Clay bar on it, then hit it with the DC cleaner, SFP, and if the results are good enough then top with NXT and #26. Not that familiar with what works good on the champain silver paints though because both of mine are black. Suggestions or advice?

Products will be applied with PC.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-22-2004, 09:49 PM
DCPC, SFP, NXT, i see a match made in heaven.........

imported_series1
08-22-2004, 09:57 PM
What Patrick said topped with Gold Class I think would give a better look.