PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Acrylic Glanz Question

layer3switchguy
08-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Hi folks,

Detailed my car the other week with AIO and then a coat of SG. After, I put down a coat of One Grand Blitz Wax. Today I put another coat of Blitz Wax on the car. Very happy with the results!

My question is, can I use the Sonus Acylic Glanz over the Blitz Wax? It`s a Carnuba based wax.

Is it worth this extra step?

Thanks in advance!

L3

JayC
08-22-2004, 07:20 PM
I dont believe Glanz is intended for use over top of carnuba. It`s mainly for use on top of acrylic resin based sealants like Klasse so using it over carnuba probably wouldnt gain you anything.

tom p.
08-22-2004, 07:51 PM
Yeah, it`s intended to be applied to the Klasse products, not carnauba.

The products works very well. It`s a great tool for Klasse users!

Intercooled
08-22-2004, 09:30 PM
Theres a good explanation of the product in the shopping area of Autopia. Just like the guys said above!

layer3switchguy
08-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys!

:xyxthumbs

mtodde
08-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Sonus makes a carnuba spritz you should probably use instead...polymers don`t tend to bond well on top of carnuba

JayC
08-22-2004, 09:49 PM
I`d also take a look at PoorBoys`s QD spray. It`s a carnuba based QD as well. I`ve used it, it`s pretty good for what it is. I can`t really classify it as a "QD" tho because you have to wait for it to haze, remote it, etc but it sounds like what you`re looking for.

mtodde
08-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by JayC

I`d also take a look at PoorBoys`s QD spray. It`s a carnuba based QD as well. I`ve used it, it`s pretty good for what it is. I can`t really classify it as a "QD" tho because you have to wait for it to haze, remote it, etc but it sounds like what you`re looking for.

Good recommendation...everything I`ve tried from Poorboy`s has been great! I just started using their Spray & Wash as a QD...it has no protectants so there are no issues with layering.:up

layer3switchguy
08-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Thanks again... Heard great things about Poorboys. I`ll check them out.