PDA

View Full Version : PC pad??

siblues
08-21-2004, 06:19 PM
I just bought the pc and just wanted to know what do you guys use the pad it comes with for ?I also would like to know why everyone upgrades the counterweight ? I am just asking ahead of time because this is going to be my first time using one and probably will be a long time before I feel the difference with a different counterweight or different pads .I also would like to know what brands and whare to get them ?

TurboDave18T
08-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Hey, I was at the NJ meet today too. My pads are made by Lake Country, got em at CMA- www.properautocare.com

They have new ones that were just released, look pretty good. Otherwise the Sonus ones from Autopia seem to be getting good reviews.

siblues
08-21-2004, 07:58 PM
When you bought your pc did it come with a pad ? and if it did what did you use it for ? I wish that seminar was two days but I heard he is coming back soon!!

TurboDave18T
08-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Also, I have read alot about the counterweight issue. It seems that the 6" counterweight is better when using pads bigger than the 6" one (ie...the 7.5" pads), or when using a bigger backing plate. CMA also sells the bigger counterweight in case you are paranoid

TurboDave18T
08-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Yeah it came with a smaller white polishing pad. No one around here uses it for anything, everyone says just use the Meguiars or LC pads

siblues
08-21-2004, 08:23 PM
ok,Thanks alot for the help!!:xyxthumbs I am going to put in a few hours of practice tomorrow since the weather man says it s gonna be sunny here,figures it s gonna be AFTER the seminar .:nixweiss

TurboDave18T
08-21-2004, 08:34 PM
yeah I hear ya....I bought my PC and pads about 2 months ago, it has yet to be plugged in. Shame on me. And the Autopia police are probably coming for me because Autopia rules state that every PC owner must use it within 24 hours of arrival. Going on two months now. :o

Possibly tomorrow I will give it a shot.

imported_perry
08-21-2004, 08:45 PM
On Meguiar`s Online I saw Mike Philips make mention of using the stock PC pad as a bonnet holder.. You need a clean, dry foam pad to put the bonnet over, so if you only have a couple of regular foam pads, they may be soaking in water when you need the bonnet. Keep the PC pad for just bonnet use and it`s always ready!

I bought a PC on Thursday, trying it out tomorrow!

siblues
08-21-2004, 09:01 PM
Now that you mention that it looks so obvious shame on me for not noticing and thanx alot for letting me know :xyxthumbs