PDA

View Full Version : Can I apply SG with a foam applicator??

C-MDX
08-21-2004, 04:40 AM
Can I apply SG with a foam applicator (those yellow ones)?? Talk about foam applicators, the applicator that came with my NXT is really hard to wash, I`ve use a tooth brush and some Dawn, no luck (don`t want to pour too much), what can I do?? Wax is still stuck, dump it in the laundry??

Edit: Same with AIO, can I apply AIO with a yellow foam applicator??

Pats300zx
08-21-2004, 06:46 AM
I have been using some of the MF apps from Ranney at Pakshak.com and I love them. So much easy for putting on SG.

You can use the foam app but it seems to spread much easier with the MF app.

As far as cleaning the app, just throw it in the washer with the rest of your terry or cotton towels. I even spray the apps with a little Simple Green it they are caked or dirty.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-21-2004, 08:50 AM
Im with Pat here, MF applicator for the Sg, although foam is fine...For some reason you get a much more even application with MF IMO.

Jesstzn
08-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Do a search I made my own MF applicators and have made a second set seeing they worked so well .. If your mom or G/F has a sewing machine they cost about $2 for 6 of them and are washable and reversable so in essence each has 4 sides.

imported_Malachi
08-21-2004, 10:12 AM
I use Megs yellow foam applicator and it works fine. I used to use the MF but found that it absorbed more product. I like the feel of the MF much better but think the foam is more effective. I mist the SG on with a 2 oz. pump spray bottle that I purchased at a beauty supply store. Using this method I can do my MDX with no more than an 1 oz. by misting the pad. After applying I wipe off then keep it maintained with SONUS Acrylic Glanz.

http://www.bmw540ifun.com/photogallery/MiscPics/SGbottleClose.jpg

Accumulator
08-21-2004, 12:53 PM
If I`m applying SG by hand (as opposed to the PC), I *always* use a yellow foam applicator. I`ve tried the MF but I prefer the foam. No problems at all.

imported_series1
08-21-2004, 01:36 PM
I think either one would be fine for applying sg. I just used the Bill North method with putting a terry cloth over the foam applicator, misting it with water, and putting on dabs of sg. It worked for me. Oh and all in one works perfec with a foam applicator.

C-MDX
08-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Thanks everyone :)