PDA

View Full Version : hot water temp

III
08-20-2004, 03:09 PM
Ok, we have all read the posts which say not to wash, or ok to wash in hot water for microfiber. This IS NOT a post asking this question, but rather for those who say it`s ok, what`s considered hot? For example, in my washing machine booklet it states warm water at 100 degrees and hot water at 140 degrees. What

are your thoughts?

flyinhigh
08-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Yeah 140 is HOT!!! Think what you have your hot water heater set on determines this..

lino
08-21-2004, 01:42 AM
Try washing 1 towel in each temperature setting and see what happens. You can be our official tester ;)

III
08-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by lino

Try washing 1 towel in each temperature setting and see what happens. You can be our official tester ;)

I did. One towel I actually boiled at 200 degrees for 10 minutes! The color faded a little, but nothing happened to the towel. I didn`t notice any less softness as a result.

I washed another towel in my washer at 120 degrees, which is what my water heater is set for. Again nothing happened to the towel and it didn`t fade either. (not like the boiling method) I also dried the towel in the dryer until it was completly dry on full heat. Didn`t notice any bad effects either.

By the way, these are quality towels from a particular vendor. The towels are brand new also. This is how I could determine the fading and softness ratio. I bought a bulk order of towels, so I could afford to test 2.