PDA

View Full Version : Four Star Ultimate Tire Gel

Pages : [1] 2

MattZ28
10-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Can anyone please give me any info, or even better, pictures of some tires with this stuff? It seems like every tire dressing I try either slings off, doesn`t last, or doesn`t give me the look I want.

I want something that can last at least 4-5 days, won`t sling at all, doesn`t require buffing, and will look dark and shiny on my semi low-profile tires. My Goodyear F1s have a textured sidewall and it`s hard to make them look good.

The only product I have been satisfied with is Hi-Temp Grape Tire Dressing. I can apply it, and walk away. It dries in minutes, looks pretty shiny, and the durability is insane. However, it`s not as dark looking as I want.

So now it`s time to try some other stuff....I`m going to order Bold `N Bright, and either Bazooka tire gloss, or Ultimate tire gel.

Beemerboy
10-21-2004, 07:05 PM
I`ve not used the four star gel but I have had great luck with PB TR for sling and shine. You have to buff it a bit but that seems to keep the sling down

The Fuzz
10-21-2004, 07:10 PM
I`ve not used the four star gel but I have had great luck with PB TR for sling and shine. You have to buff it a bit but that seems to keep the sling down

Dang! You were just complaining about posts like this!

Answering The Question (http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7752)

You said:

"I have noticed that on some threads, when a question is asked that some post a reply like
" I`m not sure about this one but someone will hang on"
" have not used that product but this one works great"

Its nice that you are posting for the person but does no good if you donlt have an answer. I tend to only post where I think that I can help or have used the product or done the process and undertand what I`am talking about.

Posting for the sake of posting only cluters up the thread with out giving a good answer to the person that started the thread

That`s just my .02!"

MattZ28
10-21-2004, 07:14 PM
.....and Fuzz drops the ownage! :lol

Guess I`ll try Trim Restorer and maybe top it with 303 or something like that. But for now I`d like a little info on 4* Ultimate Tire Gel. Thanks

Beemerboy
10-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Fuzz

He asked about a product Four Star OR! something that would not cause sling. I gave him another product that I have used that IMO does not cause sling.

This is what I based my answer off of. GEZZZZZZZZZ

I want something that can last at least 4-5 days, won`t sling at all, doesn`t require buffing, and will look dark and shiny on my semi low-profile tires. My Goodyear F1s have a textured sidewall and it`s hard to make them look good

The Fuzz
10-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Fuzz

He asked about a product Four Star OR! something that would not cause sling. I gave him another product that I have used that IMO does not cause sling.

This is what I based my answer off of. GEZZZZZZZZZ

I want something that can last at least 4-5 days, won`t sling at all, doesn`t require buffing, and will look dark and shiny on my semi low-profile tires. My Goodyear F1s have a textured sidewall and it`s hard to make them look good

I highly suggest that you read the part of the post that you quoted IN THE CORRECT context. This thread is titled "Four Star Ultimate Tire Gel"

The post started talking about Four Star Ultimate Tire Gel, he shared his past experiences with tire dressing and why he wanted to know about Four Star Ultimate Tire Gel and then the post ended with the possability of him trying some new products and possibly Four Star Ultimate Tire Gel.

What you posted is EXACTLY what even you complained about in a thread that YOU started and I am bringing this to your attention. I highy suggest that you take your own advice and I even more highly suggest respecting the mullet.

Beemerboy
10-21-2004, 08:12 PM
OK

I stand on the presents of the master this will be the last post that I make, for a while!

The Fuzz
10-21-2004, 08:14 PM
OK

I stand on the presents of the master this will be the last post that I make, for a while!

Yes I`m smooth but I`m no master. No need to take offense. We are both adults here and it would be wrong if I didn`t do my job here at DC.

Rather than hijacking the man`s thread, me and you shouldn`t even be posting right here unless we can offer up some experience with the product he was asking about.

Beemerboy
10-21-2004, 08:16 PM
OK if your going to say your sorry then I forgive you.....LOL

I agree!

The Chee
10-21-2004, 08:55 PM
The ultimate tire gel will give you the `NEW` tyre look, black but not much gloss. As for durability, it depends. I dressed my tires with it last Saturday and when I drove back to my place on Sunday afternoon, it was raining most of the way. Upon reaching my place,my tires look brown and faded. This is for a one year plus tires.

It`s the same when I used it on the one week old continental tyres, it barely last a week in our weather (hot with occasional rain). So I`m very disappointed with the durability. As for slinging, I always buff off my tires so it`s a non issue for me .

Sorry no pics Matt as I`ve got Meg Endurance on my tires and it has lasted `several` downpour, I know this is off topic already so Over and out.

ps: The tires were cleaned with Armor All Multipurpose cleaner before dressed.

MattZ28
10-21-2004, 10:41 PM
I ordered some Bold `N Bright (and ClearKote CMW :D) from SpecialtyMotoring, I`ll let you guys know how I like it.

Poorboy
10-22-2004, 06:57 AM
I ordered some Bold `N Bright (and ClearKote CMW :D) from SpecialtyMotoring, I`ll let you guys know how I like it.

Matt remember to buff it well to prevent sling;)

Beemerboy(Dave) :nono :lmfao :rolling :rofl caught by the Fuzz :brick

MattZ28
10-22-2004, 10:54 AM
Matt remember to buff it well to prevent sling;)

Alright I will....will the tires still look dark/shiny after buffing?

EBPcivicsi
10-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Alright I will....will the tires still look dark/shiny after buffing?

IMO, they will still look dark/shiny. I sometimes use two coats with B&B if I want it have extra glossy

Even one coat allowed to dry, then buffed with a terry cloth towel will provide nice dark results. If you want a lower gloss look you could apply it with a dampened applicator.

Beemerboy, I thought you were giving good advice to the poster. :dunno

Beemerboy
10-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Thanks EBP

I did to!! Perhaps I should have worded it differently. Other than not having expereince with the Four Star gel. I do have experince with other products that do not sling and the process of those. That in part was what was being ask as well.

Again thanks and I hope that Matt got what he wanted in the end.