PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd Post

lino
08-20-2004, 02:28 AM
Below is a list of products that I have tried - some I still use. Is there anything from this list that I should consider remain using before I get immersed into the autopia world of detailing and products or should I forget about all of these and start learning fresh from the start?:

Zymöl Clear™ Auto Bathe

Zymöl HD-Cleanse™ Paintwork Cleaner

Zymöl Hand-Crafted™ Wax CARBON™

Meguiar`s ScratchX

Meguiar`s Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax

Meguiar`s NXT Generation Tech Wax

Mother`s Pure Carnauba Paste Wax

Mothers® Liquid Cleaner Wax

Mothers® Pre Wax Cleaner

Liquid Glass® Polish/Finish

Nu Finish Liquid Polish

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil

Leatherique Prestine Clean

Stoner Invisible Glass

Autosol Metal Polish

Clay ( I bought it from a Janitor`s Supply Store - looks identical to any other one I`ve seen and you get 4 pieces for the same price as 1 from a name brand)

Pittard`s Dry Soft Chamois

California Water Blade

Armor All® Protectant

Eagle One Wheel Cleaner

Microfibre Cleaning Cloths (no name - blue in color)

Spray 9 General Purpose Cleaner

lino
08-20-2004, 02:30 AM
Sorry C-MDX !!!!

I realized that I posted in the wrong section so I quickly moved the thread over here. I hope you notice and don`t mind taht I reposted your response to continue the thread where you left off.

Here was your response:

Don`t use GC since you have NXT (much better), replace Zymol carbon to S100 if you want, MOTHERS wax and polishes are ok, there are better in the market, change LG to Klasse or Zaino, (MOST IMPORTANT) DON`T USE NU FINISH!!!! Replace Autosol Metal polish to MOTHERS Billet polish (havn`t tried it but heard it`s pretty good), use automotive detailing clay, replace chamois to WW, replace AA Protectant to 303 or #40, get some (or a lot) Pakshak MFs, that`s basicly all I can think of.

lino
08-20-2004, 02:31 AM
Thanks for the reply C-MDX.

I believe I like the results of the Meguiar`s NXT more than the Gold Class. This has been the best wax I have tried recently. I don`t use the Mothers, Liquid Glass or Nu Finish any more either. I haven`t used Zymol for a while, but was always pleased with the results and always got compliments all the time.

What is S100 and WW? Also, I believe I read that the Viking Wash Mitt made of 100% cotton chenille is supposed to be the good one. What do you recommend?

Thanks for the advice on the other products also. I wish I could buy some of those products locally instead of having to pay so much extra for shipping and duty and exchange rates. Anyway, what I want to do first is compose a list of products that I will need to start off properly.

Just noticed that your from B.C. Do you know anything about this company:

http://www.victoriawax.com

imported_perry
08-20-2004, 03:44 AM
:welcome

Originally posted by lino

What is S100 and WW? Also, I believe I read that the Viking Wash Mitt made of 100% cotton chenille is supposed to be the good one. What do you recommend?

S100 is a carnuba paste wax that is supposedly designed for motorcycles. I say supposedly because most will agree that it is the same as P21S carnuba wax. Very easy to use and looks spectacular.

WW refers to a Waffle Weave microfiber towel. Simply awesome for drying!

Check out the "Acronyms" link in the left column on the main page for more of the alphabet soup that you`ll see thrown around on Autopia.

Oh, chenille wash mitts are fine. And Viking is a fine brand.

Thanks for the advice on the other products also. I wish I could buy some of those products locally instead of having to pay so much extra for shipping and duty and exchange rates. Anyway, what I want to do first is compose a list of products that I will need to start off properly.

www.eshine.ca for a good selection of products on your side of the border. I believe that www.pakshak.com also has pretty good shipping to Canada. Ranney carries quite a few "Autopian Approved" products and has great microfiber towels, including the above WW. There`s a couple other companies that cater to Canadians, but I can`t recall them off the top of my head.

RE: your other thread about pictures, you can only attach one picture per post. But you can use the gallery feature to upload your pictures then use IMG tags to include more than one picture per post. In the future, if you`re going to make a long post that you`re not sure about, try composing in Notepad or MS-WORD and pasting the post here on the message board. That way, if there is a problem, you won`t lose your post.

C-MDX
08-20-2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by lino

Just noticed that your from B.C. Do you know anything about this company:

http://www.victoriawax.com

Hmm, I think I heard of it before, not too sure. If you also live in B.C (especially vancouver), consider buying some supplies from www.carcaresmart.com

lino
08-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the tips on the products and vendors. Looks like I`m getting off to a great start here. I can`t wait to earn my stripes.