PDA

View Full Version : Wax pad cleaning

TDIGuy04
08-19-2004, 03:10 PM
How do you guys clean out your wax pads for the PC? I can`t imagine all the wax would come out of the pad w/o some serious work. I`m dedicating a pad to each wax so I`m not worried about mixing product on a pad, just would like to get as much wax off the pad as possible.

Thnx

MattZ28
08-19-2004, 03:50 PM
I usually fill up the sink with hot water (a clean sink of course ;) ), let the pads soak, pour some liquid laundry detergent on them, agitate, let them sit, and rinse with cold water. This has gotten everything out of my pads every time without a problem :xyxthumbs

General Lee
08-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by MattZ28

I usually fill up the sink with hot water (a clean sink of course ;) ), let the pads soak, pour some liquid laundry detergent on them, agitate, let them sit, and rinse with cold water. This has gotten everything out of my pads every time without a problem :xyxthumbs

I do the same thing except w/ dawn and it has been working for me. I still find NXT hard to get out of the black finishing pad:nixweiss

shaf
08-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Whatever you do, it`s best to clean the pads before it has a chance to dry out and set up.

Mr. Chemist
08-20-2004, 11:04 AM
We found a great way to dry them....we place a vertical strip of Velcro on the warehouse wall...facing the sun and hang them up until dry...just don’t forget them...;)

Big Leegr
08-20-2004, 02:31 PM
I just spray some APC on them, rub either by hand or a little brush, and rinse. I try not to twist the pads when drying them, as I think that contributes to the pad separation. I squeeze out as much as I can, then leave them sitting in a dish drying rack in the sun to finish drying.

TDIGuy04
08-20-2004, 05:31 PM
I use woolite in cool water in a 5 gallon bucket and it seems to clean my polishing pads just fine, but my wax pads have lots of wax built up in them and I have to squeeze and pull the wax out. Maybe a heak soak will work?

As for drying I normally just fling the mass of water out of them and then put them on the PC and spin them dry at 3k to start working till 5k and shutting it down when it`s a fine mist usually less than 10 seconds total.