PDA

View Full Version : small rock chips

imported_speedingpenguin
08-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Having a bit of a problem making the Caddy look good....

its a 97 catera with mostly highway miles...my dad drove the car to NY and back VERY frequently, so its got alot of small rock chips in the paint.....I guess after polishing/waxing the car, the chips filled up with either the wax or the polish or both, so now its a dark green car with a bunch of little white specs in the front....How should I get rid of this? You dont notice the chips if its just black like it normally is, but the white stands out....:nixweiss

gnahc79
08-19-2004, 12:49 PM
I would try some 50/50 of rubbing alcohol/water with a MF towel. If there`s still some stuff in the chips try using qtips. Tedious, I know.

do you plan on filling in the chips or getting some sort of protection like a chip guard or clear bra?

imported_speedingpenguin
08-19-2004, 12:59 PM
well i`m selling the car ASAP, but it just looks really strange with all the white spots....

MarcBickham
08-19-2004, 01:47 PM
It might depend on what products you used, but from my experience, the cleaners in the wax/sealant/AIO/whatever actually removed the dirt and grime that was concealing the chip. What you`re seeing might be primer, in which case a small bottle of touch-up paint with a toothpick will help ya out.