PDA

View Full Version : White haze on neglected black car.

imported_uflraptor
08-17-2004, 11:41 PM
I’m looking for a little direction and advice. I’m looking forward to trying on some of my new Poorboys products this weekend. I’ll be working on a friend Nissan Sentra. She clearly doesn’t take very good care of it. It might have been waxed once if that. I`m a little concerned about the "white haze" on the trunk and hood.

Here is what I have: PC (of course), SSR 2.5, SSR 1, VM, EXP, EX, 3MPIIRC and a number of pads. I want this Sentra to looks its best. Not just for her but so I can get a taste of how these products will look on my own cars. I’d really prefer to not buy any other products for this project. I’ll post some pics below.

All advice is welcome.

Shawn

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/16920hood.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/16920trunk.jpg

shaf
08-18-2004, 01:39 AM
The haze could be oxidized paint if the car has really been neglected.

I`m not that familar with the products you have, but you may need a "moderate" strength product/pad combo with that. By default if you are not sure try something milder first though. Try a section first and evaluate before deciding what to do next. Good luck.

jerry@robs
08-18-2004, 04:47 AM
I`d recommend using Meguiar`s #66 cleaner wax first, it`s really agressive with its cleaners but not so much with its abrasiveness. We`ve had quite a bit of situations where a compound or a heavy polish isn`t the way to go when removing oxidation, but using #66 cuts through oxidation a lot faster.

After the initial haze has been removed or significantly reduced, then we move back up to a polish or compound (whichever is necessary).

imported_uflraptor
08-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Someone out there must have experience with PB SSR2.5. I can’t believe between this and 3MPIIRC I would actually need to purchase any more product. By the way those aren’t clouds in the first pic it’s the haze I was talking about.

andriver
08-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Shawn, try SSR 2.5 for the oxidation with a white pad. If you don`t see improvement, step up to a yellow pad. Followup with VM to remove any hazing/marring. Seal the paint with EXP.

Good luck.

ChicagoVTX
08-18-2004, 01:46 PM
I just did a detail yesterday on a 2003 mercedes that had never been waxed and was always washed with kitchen soap :mad: :down . It also had a white haze and heavy swirl markes, I used Pooeboys 2.5 to remove the haze then followed it with VM Glaze to really make the paint glow and toped it with Souvaran. In the end the car looked like new again :)