PDA

View Full Version : What does evryone think of presta?

siblues
08-17-2004, 10:46 PM
I was picking up some supplies and I came across some presta products and was wondering if anyone uses them and what they think about them and if they can be used by hand with good results?:nixweiss

siblues
08-18-2004, 06:32 PM
I guess its not too popular!!!:down

jmsc
08-18-2004, 07:27 PM
You are right. Not popular on Autopia nor on any other sites either.

Like you, I did find Presta at my local auto paint store last month sitting next to Meguiar`s, 3M, Collinite. Presta offers many different compounds, polishes, waxes, pads, mf towels. So I bought their 8oz Aurora Hand Glaze (hand or PC application) for $5 to try out. When I used it, it reminded me of 3M`s IHG in its use. Good shine, easy on but a pain to remove. I looked at their label and sure enough it has Kaolin Clay just like IHG.

The girl behind the counter told me that Presta is popular with only some detailers and that their extensive line is as rich as 3M`s but priced lower.

Bottom line...Presta has lots of competition going against it with the likes of Meguiar`s, Menzerna, PRO, Einszett, Poorboy`s, Zaino, Klaase, Mother`s etc...

Have you tried any of their products?

Auto Care USA
08-18-2004, 07:58 PM
I used to use presta all the time with great results but, recently they changed the formula in all their products and I now I would not recomend them. I actually e-mailed them and told them that they ruined a good thing and I received no reply, their loss.

siblues
08-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Well I am such a noob I havent used them yet thats why I was asking for some opinions on their stuff.I guess I will stay away from it !

EdLancer
09-08-2004, 11:30 PM
I used their Aurora 3000 Glaze by hand and it gives a great shine and gloss, I will try it with my PC when I get a chance and yeah they take a 2 weeks to answer my questions by email, but they did.

SVR
09-09-2004, 03:47 AM
That`s Malco`s sister brand. I have not tryed them and they would not be autopian standard but would be a great bulk sized brand for some detailers, especially at dealerships.