PDA

View Full Version : i`m going to try out Klasse...for application, is it similar to:

gnahc79
08-17-2004, 06:15 PM
What is the application of Klasse AIO with a PC similar to? I`ve read the howto on CMA and was wondering if there are any other tips.

So far I`ve used only VM and Meg`s #9. For VM I apply a small amount on the pad, 2-3 thin 3" lines across the pad for a panel. Then I smear it over the panel and then let the PC do its thing. I finished by wiping off the excess with a MF towel. For #9 it`s pretty much the same except I spray the pad with some FI.

I`m guessing using AIO is very much like using #9, right? I`m doing an oxidation removal later this week :bounce

Accumulator
08-17-2004, 06:43 PM
I`d say it`s more like VM, but really (IMO, of course ;) ), using AIO is a real no-brainer. It`s pretty hard to mess up with that stuff. Just don`t use too much and don`t work it too long- it can be a little of a pain to get off if you work it until it`s dry. Note that it doesn`t have to break down, just do its cleaning thing. Some people use a QD to prime the pad, but I just use a little water. I`ve even used it with dry pads...it`s as close to literally fool-proof as products of its type get.

It`s SO easy to use that I guess I just do it on auto-pilot..I was at a bit of a loss as to how to answer your question, and I use the stuff all the time!

shaf
08-18-2004, 01:35 AM
Yeah I also wouldn`t work AIO as long or hard as a real polish product like #9.

imported_prgallo
08-18-2004, 05:36 AM
There are several techiniques that folks seem to use, all with good results. What I found works the best for me, by far, is the approach posted at:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40623&highlight=AIO+Tip

(I hope that link works, it pasted kinda funny looking)

If it didn`t, search for AIO (tip) and it`ll show as one of the first restults.

I tried this on black and red, after using swirl removers and final polishes, including windows and recomend it to anyone.

imported_Lawdog
08-18-2004, 07:06 AM
Not ot go off topic, but how is this product pronounced? Is it like classy, or class, or Klaus?

gnahc79
08-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by prgallo

There are several techiniques that folks seem to use, all with good results. What I found works the best for me, by far, is the approach posted at:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40623&highlight=AIO+Tip

(I hope that link works, it pasted kinda funny looking)

If it didn`t, search for AIO (tip) and it`ll show as one of the first restults.

I tried this on black and red, after using swirl removers and final polishes, including windows and recomend it to anyone.

sweet, I can finally put those MF bonnets to use :xyxthumbs.

I have no idea on pronounciation, I usually say class but since it`s from Germany I`m guessing it`s klaus.:nixweiss

edit: btw, I stumbled upon some Meguiar`s ColorX posts. Would it be redundant to add colorx to my tub of gear? Walmart has it, right?

Accumulator
08-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Klasse= Clahss-eh, like Por-sche. In German, a single "A" is just a little different from a regular soft "a" like in English and A trailing "e" is pronounced "eh". German product- German pronunciation, IMO.

AudiOn19s
08-18-2004, 11:52 AM
gnahc79....I could be wrong BUT I`m pretty sure that ColorX and AIO are similar products...in that they both offer chemical cleaners and some (although not alot) protection.