PDA

View Full Version : what kind of shoes do you pro`s wear.

Pages : [1] 2 3

6']['9
08-17-2004, 01:22 PM
man after a whole day of detailing my feet hurt. im going through shoes like underwear. they keep getting wet & eventually start falling apart. Right now im wearing nike`s ive had adidas but they hurt the arch on the bottom of my foot new balance works good but can get expensive.....any one

tpgsr
08-17-2004, 02:04 PM
I have a pair of suede pumas that i wear, they are realy dirty being suede and all, but they dont fall apart when wet, and they are actually pretty comfortable.

Steve A
08-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Not a pro, and I bought the shoes for kayaking, but Salomon Tech Amphibians work very well. They have a mesh upper and good arch support.

treebiter
08-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Also not a pro. Your choice of socks is important. Avoid all-cotton socks; wear synthetic and/or wool. They`ll help keep your feet dryer and bunch less, which helps protect against blisters. Maybe some Thorlo or similar brand walking socks would be best?

6']['9
08-17-2004, 03:50 PM
yeah i get a lot of blisters too :spot then i have a hard time walking the next day

GearHead_1
08-17-2004, 04:40 PM
Not being a pro I hadn`t really considered this before. Just a suggestion but you might check a website like www.sportsmansguide.com and take a look at some of their deck/boat shoes. They have some products that are high quality and value priced. I would think most any high quality water shoe would be a good choice when compared to a running/court shoe. :cool:

This link had several choices:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/browse/browse.asp?c=11&s=359&p=s&bt=

ZaneO
08-17-2004, 05:01 PM
You could also look into Gortex material or Scotch Guard your shoes.

jaybs02
08-17-2004, 06:02 PM
If you are wearing leather shoes or sneakers rub vasaline on them it will repell the water (old platers trick)

Not a pro either

"J"

Spilchy
08-17-2004, 06:02 PM
I`m not a pro either but I take with me 2 pair of very supportive and comfortable running sneakers and an extra pair of white athleic socks. (1 set is on my feet obviously!)

If the ones on my feet get wet or sweaty :p I switch to the fresh pair of shoes and socks.

If it`s really gross and hot, I`ll just wear Teva sandles and deal with achy feet for a few hours afterwards.

imported_DetailGirl
08-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Sandals or nothing

Detail 1
08-17-2004, 09:13 PM
I agree nothing....ok ok for real the best shoe out there hands down is Clarks water proof duck shoes low cut lite on the feet...

stilez
08-17-2004, 09:21 PM
"Got love for my shoes"

K-Swiss

Claimed tennis shoes, but in reality are closer to cross-trainers. I love how comfortable, breathable, and supportive they are :)

jimmybuffit
08-17-2004, 09:29 PM
I`m not a pro either

Lots of opinions, few from pros...

What with this being the Pro forum. Que Paso?

Me? I have great luck with Havana Joe brand demi boots. They get ugly, but they stay water proof, even without the (supplied) `wax`.

I have 2 pair. All day, every day.

BTW, FWIW, I have a partiial traumatic amputation of one foot (Viet Nam), so I pay attention to footwear...

Jim

Scottwax
08-18-2004, 12:16 AM
I wear running shoes. Very light and comfortable. I buy decent shoes, wear them for running, etc for about 6 months then they get moved to detailing duty when I get a new pair. I tried buying cheap tennis shoes like Voit but they just don`t hold up at all.

NavindraLR
08-18-2004, 12:16 AM
i dont even wear shoes to detail.. i just wear some adidas flip flops... why ruin shoes when i can use flip flops? and u cant beat how comfortable it is....