PDA

View Full Version : what`s more aggressive than this combo?

jjagain
08-17-2004, 09:36 AM
I`m looking for soemthing more aggressive than DACP with a wool pad on a 7424.

What about 3M FCRC with a CMA yellow pad?

can you give me your recommendations?

General Lee
08-17-2004, 09:52 AM
Meguiars Diamond Cut. DACP is only a 6 on there cut scale, Diamond Cut is a 10.

jjagain
08-17-2004, 09:54 AM
is there anything inbetween? not necessarily Meguiar`s, either. something around an 8 or so on the Meguiar`s scale.

General Lee
08-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Meguiars Compound Power Cleaner #84 on the scale 9. Not to famaliar with 3M products. Poorboys SSR line #3 may be good but I`m not sure how it compares to DACP.

Any product is going to be a bit more agressive using a wool pad.

jjagain
08-17-2004, 10:16 AM
I`m asking because I have had trouble removing some fine scratches/swirls from my roof. I`ve gone over them several times with DACP with wool and yellow pads on setting 6 on my PC and i still can`t remove them. I want to go to the next step to bannish them from my roof :)

Bill D
08-17-2004, 10:18 AM
How about Menzerna Power Gloss and 1z Ultra?

togwt
08-17-2004, 10:36 AM
There are a few posts on comparative product abrasion.

Here is one-http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36208&highlight=abrasive+scale

JayC
08-17-2004, 10:38 AM
I think SSR 2.5 is close to DACP. SSR 3 is defintely way more abbrassive than 2.5.

SSR 3 is good stuff. Ive used it on a few problem areas then followed up with SSR 2.5 and the results have always been great.

jjagain
08-17-2004, 11:08 AM
hmm.. maybe i`ll have to give SSR3 with a cutting pad a shot.

I can`t get 1z stuff here. there`s only one place in canada that i know of that sells it and their web site says "for pick up only".

Accumulator
08-17-2004, 11:27 AM
zilla- The 3M FCRC (39002) and the similar PI-III RC (05933) aren`t much stronger than the DACP and are probably not the answer to your problem (even if used with a wool pad). The next step up in 3M`s lineup is the PI-III Extra Cut and it seems awfully aggressive to me (and I wouldn`t use it without a rotary). Better try the Meg`s stuff or the SSR3. It`s always tricky to move into rotary territory with a PC; easy to do more harm than good, so be careful.

Oh, just remembered, check out the Hi-Temp line at TOL (http://www.topoftheline.com/index.html) They have some aggressive stuff that doesn`t require a rotary. Dunno if they`ll ship to you, though.

Bill D
08-17-2004, 11:32 AM
The most aggressive product I`ve ever owned is 3m Super Duty RC. This stuff is so aggressive you can see and feel the abrasives :scared: Looks to me that very extreme caution should be used with it. It is murder for sure to spots where the paint is thin

JayC
08-17-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by zilla

hmm.. maybe i`ll have to give SSR3 with a cutting pad a shot.

I can`t get 1z stuff here. there`s only one place in canada that i know of that sells it and their web site says "for pick up only".

You might want to try SSR3 with an orange pad first unless you have some serious defects you`re trying to remove. SSR3 will "haze" slightly when you use it with a cutting pad. Following up with 2.5 takes care of it tho.

FWIW, I`ve used SSR3 quite a bit with a cutting pad and been pleased with the results but Steve did tell me to try it with an orange pad first so I`m passing that info along.