PDA

View Full Version : 1Z metallic polish (newbie question)

Xec
08-16-2004, 11:13 PM
Hello folks, been reading the forums here for about 3 weeks since I just purchased a new black vehicle. This is my 1st black vehicle in both prevous cars I`ve owned where white. So far what I have done last week was put 1 coat of AIO and 1 coat of SG topped with S100.

Today I just pruchased:

- PC 7424

- Sonus Dual Action System Pad kit. I also

- Clay

-1Z metallic Polish

My question is that I bought the polish to prep the paint and try a different product, then put the SG. I just read that the 1Z has some carnuba wax with it. Does this mean that SG will not work?

Should I try 1Z some other time? This week I want to use the PC with 1Z +AIO and SG. I got a few spider webs that I have noticed but all in all the paint is emmaculate.

By the way the Black on the vehicle has metalic sand and pearl mixed with it. They call the color Black Sand Pearl.

Thanks all for the opinions and wisdom:)

Xec

Bill D
08-17-2004, 08:17 AM
I always wipe down between polishing steps with isopropyl alcohol to absolutely ensure bonding of Klasse and to reveal any defects still left behind.

NavindraLR
08-17-2004, 09:07 AM
do u wash after using alcohol? or no?

Bill D
08-17-2004, 09:11 AM
If I were doing a full detail, I`d probably wash the car prior to applying the LSP but not for touch ups, the alcohol evaporates quickly

Accumulator
08-17-2004, 10:54 AM
Xec- Welcome to Autopia! Yeah, the alcohol will leave a clean surface, assuming you wipe it off properly. And the AIO will get anything that`s left over.

Xec
08-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Thank you folks for the quick reply. Im glad I can use the 1z metalic paint then use aio and sg. In regards to the alcohol I`ll give that a try this week and will use it to remove any hazing that might occur. Cant wait till the products come in.

Once again thank you for the replys.

xec

Mr Big Bass
08-18-2004, 12:36 AM
are you supposed to use a 50/50 mix of alcohol and water or just all rubbing alcohol?

Xec
08-18-2004, 07:34 AM
from what i`ve read 50/50 mixture. I should have stated that up top. Sorry for the confusion:)

Xec