PDA

View Full Version : Reflections and #20

bluemoon
08-16-2004, 08:45 PM
I have been using Mothers Reflections for a few months now and have been very happy with the results I have got on our two cars. Since I started coming to this sight I have read many favorable posts on Meguiars #20. I was curious if anybody has used both Reflections and #20,and if so, how did the two compare, ie ease of use, shine, durability? Or if anyone has used Reflections and NXT I would also like to know what they thought. I did try doing a search for this but could not find any direct comparisons. If thier was and I missed it I do apologize. I am certainly not trying to start any wars, just interested in other peoples opinions. Thanks

Scottwax
08-16-2004, 10:53 PM
I`ve used both. I get decent results from either product, decent shine, gloss and slickness. #20 does have greater durability though.

bluemoon
08-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Thanks for your information :)

Scottwax
08-17-2004, 11:09 PM
In response to your e-mail, #20 does pretty good for about 4-5 months, Reflections about 2 months or so.

bluemoon
08-18-2004, 07:06 AM
Thanks for your information scottwax, greatly appreciated

a.k.a. Patrick
08-18-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

In response to your e-mail, #20 does pretty good for about 4-5 months, Reflections about 2 months or so.

Scott, what exactly do you get for 4-5 months....You seem to get better longevity than most....#20 gives me about 6 weeks max.....

Scottwax
08-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Scott, what exactly do you get for 4-5 months....You seem to get better longevity than most....#20 gives me about 6 weeks max.....

The Dallas area climate seems to give better durability. No heavy industry, no acid rain, plus QEW is a very wax friendly wash.

For example, I took pics today of a Silverado SS that I used Wolfgang on May 19th and I wash it about 2-3 times a month and it was still beading today. I had used the QD on the body and hood two weeks ago but have purposely not used the QD on the roof and while the hood was beading better, the roof was still beading decently. :nixweiss I got 3 months out of Wolfgang and probably would have been fine for another month or so; yet I know you aren`t getting those kind of results with Wolfgang. BTW, the truck is washed conventionally, not with QEW.