PDA

View Full Version : Is there a bonding issue immeadiately following a QD?

General Lee
08-16-2004, 06:56 PM
Lets say you wash a car one evening, Hit it with some QD the next day to touch it up (we`ll use #34 for instance) then immeadiately follow with a carnuba or sealant. Will the topper bond to a fresh layer of QD? or does it depend on the product?

ZaneO
08-16-2004, 09:33 PM
I think it depends on the product, but with #34 you should be safe. I don`t think it is too much to worry about.

Scottwax
08-16-2004, 10:30 PM
I regularly use Quikshine on my car and have waxed right after using it on several occasions. I haven`t noticed any problems.

shaf
08-17-2004, 01:26 AM
I am pretty sure that most "regular" QDs don`t cause bonding problems. A lot of times you can use QDs to help apply waxes and sealants anyway. Try searching on this issue, but it may be hard to isolate a particular thread or two.

General Lee
08-17-2004, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. The paint is already in good condition on my wifes car. I already gave it a nice polish not to long ago. I just want to add another coat of protection and planned on doing it this evening after I already washed it yesterday. She only has a 4 mile round trip to work so I figured I would hit it w/ some QD then wax it. Just wasn`t sure about the bonding so thanks again.:up

Mr. Chemist
08-17-2004, 10:42 AM
We actually recommend that you use our ID to wet the pad before applying a paste wax...great compatibility and it makes the paste wax go on and come off easier.

shaf
08-18-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Chemist

We actually recommend that you use our ID to wet the pad before applying a paste wax...great compatibility and it makes the paste wax go on and come off easier. It`s funny you mention this - I recall DavidB liked using your wax when a spritz of QD was done on the panel and then waxed over top of it. He said it made application a breeze. Backwards, but I guess it works too. :)