PDA

View Full Version : Question on 303 protectant

jfoster1
08-16-2004, 06:40 PM
My father is recieving a new mercedes this weekend. I had ordered some stuff to help keep it up to snuff for him. I had ordered the leatherique for the interior. I also ordered some 303 protectant. Is it allright to put the 303 on leather to help with uv protection after using the leatherique?

Just thought of one more question, I am new to this, I ordered the Klausse all in one and the high gloss finish also. Do you put the high gloss right after doing the all in one or should you wait for a period of time?

Thanks in advance

John

detailbarn
08-16-2004, 06:57 PM
jfoster1 , welcome to the wonderful world of Autopia where all your detailing nightmares ah I mean dreams will come true.

:D

Onto your questions , I can not say whether you should use both the leatherique and 303 but I can say 303 works well on most leather. The exception would be an unfinished leather like suede.

You can apply SG (Klasse High Gloss Sealant) right after you buff out AIO (Klasse All-IN-One)

Bill D
08-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Hi detailbarn

Please check your PM over on DC thanks

Mr. Clean
08-16-2004, 07:52 PM
I have always regarded the Leatherique products as leather restoration products rather than normal maintenance products :nixweiss Maybe that is an incorrect perception on my part, or perhaps they have some new products.

I use AIO, but not SG. I`ve never had a problem going over AIO with a product right after buffing off the AIO.

Matt M, PA
08-17-2004, 08:43 AM
Another "thought" on Mercedes "leather".

If memory serves me, (my Dad had a couple SLs back in the day) Mercedes does not use leather...they use M-B Tex. I would check with the dealer of manufacturer to find out if this car has "real" leather or M-B Tex.

imported_BretFraz
08-17-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Clean

I have always regarded the Leatherique products as leather restoration products rather than normal maintenance products :nixweiss Maybe that is an incorrect perception on my part, or perhaps they have some new products.

I use AIO, but not SG. I`ve never had a problem going over AIO with a product right after buffing off the AIO.

This is correct. I do not see the need to use Leatherique on new leather. Please read their website carefully and contact them directly with questions. If they tell you its fine to use on a brand new car, then go ahead.

But if it were me, I`d use a top quality leather conditioner from someone like Lexol, Zaino, or Pinnacle.

togwt
08-17-2004, 09:16 AM
~ One man’s opinion / observations ~

I think MB-Tex is covered (vinyl) leather and would agree with bretfraz on Leatherique as a ‘maintenance’ type leather product (good but unecessarily expensive)

If the `leather` surfaces are MB-Tex the 303 Protectant should work fine.

~Hope this helps ~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon