PDA

View Full Version : What pads & speed to use with Menzerna & Klass

mgm2003
08-16-2004, 02:18 PM
What pads do you guys use to apply the products below. I use both rotary and random orbital.

Menzerna Intensive Polish

Menzerna Final Polish II

Klass AIO

l33
08-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Both menzerna work best with the rotarty.

IP i use the CMA yellow

FP2 i use the CMA white

You said the M* word, Deanski will be here shortly :), he uses these polishes also with a different combo of pads. Maybe PM him, he has very good advise on Menzerna

detailbarn
08-16-2004, 02:33 PM
L33 it the nail on the head , also I`ve gotten excellent results with IP and the orange power pad. As for AIO depedning on how much you want it to polish either a white polish pad or a finishing pad.

Deanski
08-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Yep, I`m here:D

You are correct on pads.

Menzerna was developed for use via rotary. This is where you will get the best results.

IP is a cutting type of polish for removing swirls and or leveling paint finishes. Depending on the severity, a cutting pad should be used. Once swirls are gone, switch to a polish pad and continue one pass with IP. Or if light swirls remain, switch to the orange pad (still cuts but less aggressive than a full cut pad).

Finish with FP on a finish pad at a slower speed, no more than 1200 and if it dries too quickly, spritz with distilled water. Keep an eye on your pad so it does not get polish build-up. Keep a clean pad is what you are trying to accomplish to get the highest gloss from. You could use a polish pad, but you get more polish "burnishing" with a finish pad.

As for AIO, apply with the softest pad, you just got your finish perfect, no need to add micro-marring from an overly aggressive pad. Go nice and slow with a PC if you have one.

Removal, sure you could use a MF bonnet. It all depends on how well the AIO cured. It should come off easy by hand and a MF. If you want to use a bonnet for removal/buffing, find a site not seen at eye level and try a very small area. Shine a hologen lamp on it to see if any marring came up. If so, don`t continue (duh) on the rest. Do it by hand.

Maintaing AIO: So far: 1Z Lackfinish cut 1:1 with distilled water or better yet... SONUS "High Gloss Acrylic Spritz" for Klasse sealants.

Let us know how you do!

Regards,

Deanski

Deanski
08-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Oh yea.. Forgot to post the Pad Application Guide. Here ya go!

Pad Application Guide (http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/padappguide.html)

Regards,

Deanski

l33
08-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Ha ha!

Right on call, it`s like flashing the batman symbol to the city of gotham!!!

Very informative as usual :)

Deanski, do you mix that 1z solution each time you use it or does the solution last a while?

Deanski
08-16-2004, 03:34 PM
It`s a WAUD normally, so cutting 1:1 turns it to a very nice QD.

Man, tuff typing when driving

Deanski

kartoon
08-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by L33

Both menzerna work best with the rotarty.

I`ve seen you type it so many times and I have to do it:

It is rotary not rotarty (nothing personal :) )

mgm2003
08-18-2004, 07:32 AM
Thanks for your help guys! Here`s a snap of the results:

1) Wash

2) Clay

3) Wash

4) Menzerna IP applied by DW849/yellow pad

5) Menzerna FP applied by PC/white pad

6) Klass AIO applied by PC/white pad

Since the picture, I`ve sealed it with Blackfire. Let me know what you think.