PDA

View Full Version : Electric brush for Carpet cleaning

Pages : [1] 2

imported_rookie
08-15-2004, 08:09 AM
I know about the cyclo, it has two pads that rotate, but you can also put brushes on those for interior cleaning.

Does anyone use this? I have heard of them and am interested, it could probably save some time. What are the different kinds of these brushes, as I said, I only know the cyclo.

imported_perry
08-15-2004, 04:35 PM
I`m beginning my PC arsenal and plan to pick up one of these with my order here in the next day or two: http://store.yahoo.com/tolae/porcabcarbru.html

Accumulator
08-15-2004, 06:14 PM
I use the (white) brushes on my Cyclo and I think they work great; they really work well on the carpet/mats. IMO you`re not gonna get quite the same aggressive action using a brush on the PC.

foris2
08-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

I use the (white) brushes on my Cyclo and I think they work great; they really work well on the carpet/mats. IMO you`re not gonna get quite the same aggressive action using a brush on the PC.

I AGREE 100%.

imported_rookie
08-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the responses. WOW, the PC is $13.97

The cyclo is 337.00. What the heck is that about if this PC is better? I know there is one more brush, but come on, 337.00 bucks is a lot!

imported_rookie
08-16-2004, 12:51 AM
Nevermind that. I knew it was too good to be true. It is 130.00, still a great buy. And if it does a better job, who am I to say no.

The brush was 13 bucks.

imported_perry
08-16-2004, 01:15 AM
I think they were saying that the Cyclo works better than the PC for carpet cleaning.. Which makes sense, because it is better / more aggressive than the PC on paint as well.

I figure using the the bruch on the PC has gotta be better than using a brush by hand.

jimmybuffit
08-16-2004, 06:15 AM
If the only issue is carpet cleaning, take a hard look at the Black and Decker Scumbuster. At $35, it is the best value tool that I own. Plus it is cordless!

You`ll find that Scottwax has a similar opinion.

Scumbuster (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004SBGQ/ref=k_de_a_smp/002-5007796-5084036?v=glance&s=kitchen&me=standard&vi=pictures&img=1#more-pictures)

Jim

PAW
08-16-2004, 09:31 AM
Jim

How long to find one batter charge to last. I get maybe 10 minutes with my Scumbuster. Do you press really hard or use a light touch?

imported_rookie
08-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Gotcha, I misread that. Well seems to be the way to go then. You get what you pay for is right on.

Anyway, this is only for carpet cleaning/shampooing. I am not high on battery, cordless, etc.

So cyclo is the best for carpet cleaning?

Accumulator
08-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Rookie- Yeah, the Cyclo would be better for the carpets, and some of us generally prefer it for paint, too. Used ones show up on e-bay, and I wouldn`t hesitate to buy one that`s a little beat up.

perry- Yeah, the PC/brush would beat doing it by hand!

PAW- If you haven`t already, try the gold batteries. They last a lot longer than the silver ones.

imported_rookie
08-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I have used the cyclo and it works great. One of the downsides to it is its munuverability. You can`t get into tight spaces with it; underneath the pedals, etc.. But you take the good with the bad.

Accumulator
08-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by rookie

Yeah, I have used the cyclo ..One of the downsides to it is its munuverability. You can`t get into tight spaces with it; underneath the pedals, etc.. But you take the good with the bad.

Yep, and you can run into the same issue when using it on paint.

imported_rookie
08-16-2004, 02:03 PM
I have always used the shampoo brushes I think, and they work great. But they also have some heavy duty brushes with stiffer bristles, I wonder how well those would work on carpets? They aren`t necessarily for them, but they could be good at removing spots out of carpets?

Accumulator
08-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by rookie

..they also have some heavy duty brushes with stiffer bristles, I wonder how well those would work on carpets? They aren`t necessarily for them...

Heh heh, you try `em first and let us know ;) I`m chickening out on those :D