PDA

View Full Version : Damn hackers, let`s try this again! Product suggestion?

03COBRA
08-15-2004, 01:29 AM
I am getting a new Honda Civic within the next week or so. Just curious what product you guys would suggest. I would be using a PC to do all of the steps. I`m not looking for a one step product, I would like to do the steps. I`m up for all sugggestions for product on this, Poorboy`s, AIO, ClearKote, Souveran, whatever. I just want to make this thing look great. I really want a wet look if that can be achieved. Here is the color of the car. I`m especially curious of Poorboy`s suggestions, PwC, PP, EX, any pics would be great!! Thanks

http://photos2.ebizautos.com/642/424107_8.jpg

http://photos2.ebizautos.com/642/424107_9.jpg

dcswd
08-15-2004, 02:04 AM
First, decide if you need clay or not...

I would go with Clearkoat`s Vanilla Moose to start. Poorboys PwC wouldnt be a bad choice for you either, but I like VM more.

Then you can do a few layers of Poorboys Ex (for more of the wet look)

I would also suggest Nattys paste wax, or a different paste wax if your interested. Something to put on there every so often after you do the initial polishing and waxing.

Well thats what I would do. There are many other good options as well.

Jngrbrdman
08-15-2004, 02:48 AM
On a new car you can`t really go wrong. Anything you put on it is going to look great. You have to decide what you want and then go from there. Is it durabilty or looks that you want? Or do you want both? There are a million combinations. Its not a matter of `what looks best` or what doesn`t. Everything will look great. I`m a sealant man myself, so I would suggest going the Wolfgang, Klasse or Four Star Ultimate route. Top that with a good carnauba like S100 (much less expensive and looks just as good on that color as Souveran would). But that`s just me. I haven`t used any of the Poorboy`s polishes, so I can`t really comment on that.

jeff5614
08-15-2004, 07:06 AM
I have a similarly colored acura and have tried the wg twins and aio with exp on top and both look good although each gave a different look. The wg had more of a warm less reflective look while the aio exp combo brought out the metallic flake more and gave it a bit more shine. I have a couple of pics with aio and exp posted in click and brag if that might help.

jaybs02
08-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Cobra,

First congrats on the new car.:up

Hopefully you will not be letting the dealer prep the car for you.

If that is the color (looks nice :D )

I would clay it first (couldn`t hurt) then I would use EX and top with Natty`s

Good Luck and take pics when you get it

"J"

du3ce
08-15-2004, 04:04 PM
what?? you sold your cobra for a civic?

NavindraLR
08-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by du3ce

what?? you sold your cobra for a civic?

caught my attention too (from your signature) just curious as to why u would do that? but as for detailing the civic, honestly, all the recommendations made so far will all come out great.. it just basically depends on what YOU like... so i guess ull just have to play around and see which look suits your preference