PDA

View Full Version : mobile detailing set ups

nudy34
10-20-2004, 07:02 PM
was curious who here does mobile detailing and what they use. im thinking about buying a truck and setting up the bed with everything. was wondering if anyone else does it out of the bed of a truck as well. any good or bad mobile detailing set up feedback would be great.

1 Clean WS6
10-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Here is my mobile set-up :

http://www.detailcity.com/photopost/data/500/2594PairofBoltsb.jpg

ron`s
10-20-2004, 08:52 PM
nudy34

If the truck is going to be your every day and weekend car I would sugest puting a trailer behind it. If it is going to be just a work vehicle I would go with a van. I have had both and the van sure feels safer. when I go into a store. It also serves as a big billboard.
I would post some pictures of both of the units Ive had but since detail city has changed I cant figure it out!

treestand
10-20-2004, 09:37 PM
I think the most important thing to figure out is how often you plan on doing detailing jobs. For me, I can fit everything I need in my camry, but then again, I dont do a ton of jobs.

Hawaiianelement
10-24-2004, 02:55 AM
I worked out of my BMW 318is for a couple of months .They have alot of trunk space as do most bimmers . I now use a Honda Element.Take out the back seats and it`s a van. Its different and people always look at it. They either love it or hate it . Hopefully they write down my phone number. I`m currently thinking of the nissan Titan..

FiveOhMustang
10-24-2004, 06:35 AM
I have a 2000 pweter s 10, I just ordered a cap for it. I should have pics withing a few weeks when it gets installed.

AMDin93103
10-25-2004, 06:56 PM
I have been operating out of the back of my 97 4Runner for the last year and I have just about outgrown the rear of that thing. If I fold the rear seat down it`s probably about as long as Hawaiianelement`s . . .:hah Element, maybe not as wide and mine is carpeted. PIA as its my personal vehicle also.

I am about a month away from talking to my credit union and finding a slightly used Savana Cargo. That will pull most of my supplies out of my garage and make it an easier finish to a day when I don`t have to rip the jenga-job I did with all my ish in the back o the Toyota.

A trailer doesn`t have an engine to repair, doesn`t go through tires so much, and can be left in your driveway when you want to go to the store. I really debated getting a trailer but with the narrow streets around Sta Barbara and my residential parking situation in the evening, I decided against it. If I had to go with a trailer it would be a 5`x12` enclosed.

To tell you the truth you could weigh the pro`s and con`s (and I have :brick) for ever. In my area, with the streets as they are and where I see myself in 5-10 years a fully enclosed dedicated work vehicle was (IMHO) my only option.

My two pennies.

Platinum MD
10-25-2004, 10:29 PM
this is what i work out of everyhting fits under the cover.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/EEclipse16/P1010016.jpg

karwaxer
10-30-2004, 06:05 PM
hi bought a used chevy astro van took out the rear seats mounted a pressure washer and generator in the back so i have access through the back doors mounted a water tank behind them i access that through the side door built a wall behind the pass. seat to hold spray bottles and waxes put a shelf across the van behind the front seats to hold towels and i slide my ezup canopy under the shelf the astro is just wide enough for the canopy all nice and compact and easy access to everything

Superior Shine
10-30-2004, 10:32 PM
http://www.superiorshine.com/1%20detail%20van%20trailer%20SMALL%20PIC.jpg

Here is my rig. I don`t pull the trailer everywhere. It can be left by its self at any location as a stand alone operation. The combination of the van and trailer give us the ability to detail everything from cars to RVs and aircraft. We can detail up to 65-70 vehicles before we run out of water or supplies. Both units also have the equipment to recliam the waste water.

tubafeak
10-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Sweet rig! You must do tons of business to justify something that comprehensive. Anything I do is out of the back of my taurus, but I haven`t done a job in a good long time.