PDA

View Full Version : How`s this Tire cleaner?

Pages : [1] 2

Bill D
08-13-2004, 10:11 AM
I`ve been having no luck trying to find Mothers tire cleaner locally. I came across this tire cleaner, which I`m sure I can get anywhere,through an online search. I really just want a tire cleaner only. Question is, is this stuff safe for the rubber? If you use it please let me know what you think.

MongooseGA
08-13-2004, 10:21 AM
black magic is the new wal-mart type brand. (well, sold everywhere else, including Food Lion...:rolleyes: )

that said, their wheel cleaner is pretty dern good, in my experiences. i haven`t tried the tire cleaner. it looks like a foam cleaner which is good, it`ll stick to the tires.

right now i just use bleche white, which i love because watching black water(dirt) run off the tires is pretty cool.

if this stuff works out for you let us know!

:bounce :xyxthumbs

Wasatch
08-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Would be curious to know as well. Yes, Wal Mart carries a bunch of the Black Magic stuff.

thinksnow
08-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Bill, is A2Z too strong for your tastes (even diluted)? I`ve always kept my eyes peeled for the EO Tire/Rubber cleaner after hearing Bret say it was the best he`s ever used, but to no avail. Only used BM`s tire dressing, and it was just the one time (I learned my lesson).

Originally posted by Bill D

I`ve been having no luck trying to find Mothers tire cleaner locally. I came across this tire cleaner, which I`m sure I can get anywhere,through an online search. I really just want a tire cleaner only. Question is, is this stuff safe for the rubber? If you use it please let me know what you think.

imported_BretFraz
08-13-2004, 12:26 PM
The BM is worth a try but if it were me, I`d stick to Eagle One A2Z as it`s a proven performer.

Give the BM a spin if you`re curious.

Setec Astronomy
08-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Bill, what do you want to use that stuff on? I find that regularly cleaned/dressed tires come clean fine with a tire brush and car wash (if they are a little cruddier the P21 wheel cleaner runoff helps out). Are you trying to clean some real nasty tires?

Bill D
08-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Just wanted a dedicated tire only cleaner. I`ll keep the Black Magic in mind for some time later on. I was able to find the Mothers since my last post :up

Auto Care USA
08-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Cul-Mac industries by far the absolute best tire cleaner on the market, it`s called no scrub tire cleaner.

General Lee
08-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Bill,

The A2Z bottle I just purchased today had a tag on it that said "NEW" can be used on tires too! I tried on my truck tires and brown crud poured off the tires. They came out ready for protectant.

Bill D
08-14-2004, 06:58 AM
Yep,

I know, I have A2Z but still wanted a tire cleaner only. It`s just the obsession ;)

topnotchtouch
08-14-2004, 07:25 AM
My dedicated tire cleaner is whatever car wash soap I happen to be using and a good tire brush. Just keep in mind that if the cleaner strips the waxes from the tire you will see blooming the next time you get the sidewalls hot. The only time I have ever felt the necessity to use a cleaner (Meguiars APC+) is with white lettering or white sidewalls. With those I just spray the cleaner on a brush, scrub and rinse.

Bill D
08-14-2004, 10:08 AM
I have APC+, just wanted to try a tire cleaner to have on tap

imported_Macgirl
08-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Bill,

I read that you were wanted comments on Black Magic Tire Cleaner, but I`ve been using Eimann Fabrick Tire Cleaner and it has really been a good performer for me. I`ve cleaned mainly Goodyear and Michelin tires and on some they were extremely dirty and it took me three spray, scrub, rinse cycles to get clean. On my car which is cleaned on a regular basis it works great the first time. I`m like you, I want a dedicate rubber and tire cleaner and they are hard to find in local retail outlets. I used to be able to find Mother`s Tire and Rubber Cleaner at Pamida stores, but the last time I checked they didn`t have any.

Good luck with your search :)

md4ua
08-14-2004, 12:08 PM
I`ll follow up and give a thumbs-up to the EF Tire Cleaner, as well. I usually just use car wash soap and water, but when the white-letter tires on my Expedition`s Michelins get real dirty, then just plain soap won`t cut it. A few sprays of the EF on the tires, followed by a little brushing, and the dirt rinses easily away.

Makes a BIG difference with the white lettering.

65redcorvette
08-14-2004, 12:13 PM
Have you tried Amazing Roll Off? It works really well but kind of pricey. I stick with A2Z.