PDA

View Full Version : Let me introduce myself

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mr. Chemist
08-12-2004, 06:49 PM
This is my first post, so please allow me to introduce myself.

Mr. Chemist is my moniker and is a reflection of my position here at Mothers Polishes Waxes and Cleaners. You may often find Mr. Chemist on Saturday mornings lurking on ESPN2 giving car care advice on the Mothers Polish Car Show, or on NHRA Stylefest.

It has been my pleasure to be a formulation chemist of car care products for the past 17 years. Prior to that, I was a laboratory special analyst for Procter and Gamble. So I guess you can say, that keeping things clean and shiny is my vocation.

On my block, I am known as “the guy with the shiny old truck”. Can you imagine how much product is tested on it? And not just Mothers, or potential new products…lots of different manufacturers products are used on it…all the time. Aside from my own personal vehicles, I have been blessed with the opportunity to use some really fine cars as test subjects. And I am happy to report, that most due not run away screaming when they see me coming at their “project” with a test bottle of new product.

What a great way to spend the day…working with and creating products that will enhance the beauty of what is truly the most remarkable love affair in American history…the automobile.

This is an active and exciting forum and I look forward to being a participant. Hopefully we can emphasize our common interest in making cars look great and always respect the opinions of others with respect to product choices. And, I hope you don’t mind if I stick my nose in, when “Who Flung Dung” shows up with the “gobbily gook”. Solid product choices and meaningful discussions of the process are what will lead us to our final goal….a great looking ride.

So like I said….if it stands still…wax it.

Redcar GUY
08-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Welcome..

:wavey

Mr Monk
08-12-2004, 07:01 PM
Welcome Mr. Chemist !

It`s good to have you aboard. :D

Bill D
08-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Welcome Mr Chemist! :wavey

I try to see the Mothers show on ESPN whenever I can and I really enjoy the Mr. Chemist segment of the show. I have no doubt you will be a very fine asset to our online community and I eagerly look forward to your commentary on upcoming topics :xyxthumbs

lpquick
08-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Welcome to autopia! Do you bear gifts for us or will you pick our brains for info?

How about some pics of your ride?

hirosh
08-12-2004, 07:27 PM
:welcome

heh heh, my neighbor knows me as the guy who`ll wash the paint of his new mustang. :rofl

and given your name, i`m sure people will be asking you a lot of questions regarding chemicals and such. ;)

rstype
08-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Welcome! :) We always appreciate professional input from a chemist.

Toyo98
08-12-2004, 09:26 PM
And an unbiased opinion. :D :D

BTW, :welcome

andriver
08-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Welcome to Autopia Mr. Chemist. Looking forward to your posts.

mnbv
08-12-2004, 10:02 PM
^^ same here. Have you noticed andriver that we have the same opinion a lot? :nixweiss

imported_perry
08-13-2004, 02:39 AM

imported_Griz
08-13-2004, 04:09 AM
good to have you around... and make yourself familiar with the Click & Brag forum so that we can see your "shiny old truck"

jaybs02
08-13-2004, 05:14 AM

I look forward to heaing some of your thoughts on products,

as well as your work.

Just don`t forget the pictures...:D

"J"

imported_memnuts
08-13-2004, 06:44 AM
Welcome Mr. Chemist. :bounce

Hopefully you can help with some chemical logic needed in our discussions of product usage and interactions.

If you need some test vehicles for pre-production testing, you have come to the right place. :wavey

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
08-13-2004, 07:20 AM
Welcome!

I have an idea...let`s put Mr Chemist and Forrest in one corner, Mike P in the other and let the come out swinging! :D