PDA

View Full Version : Wax - which do you prefer & why?

Pages : [1] 2 3

lpquick
08-12-2004, 10:43 AM
I own a steel blue (metallic) BMW which gets the klasse twins and I need help deciding which wax to buy. I`ve narrowed down my choices to:

A. P21S

B. Pinnacle Signature Series Wax

C. Griot`s Best in show (paste or liquid?)

D.????(help)

OK you get the picture, cost doesn`t seem to be a determining factor, all three are approx $30 for 16oz.

Which would you choose and why? I want to order today, by close of business. Thanks for all the info and support!

:bow

scottabir
08-12-2004, 11:22 AM
if it was my $30 I would be buying a jar of Trade secret from Topoftheline.com

Easy on- off and it produces a fantastic look.

just my $.02

Accumulator
08-12-2004, 11:39 AM
My overall fave is Meg`s#16. Easy enough to use, *very* long lasting, and IMO comparable on looks to P21S, Trade Secret, and most others. Unless you`re the sort of person who can tell TS/Souveran/P21S apart, I`d go with the #16. I *can* often tell those apart (at least on my Jag) and I still use the #16 more than any other carnauba. And it`s only around $13 for a can that will literally last for years.

The Griot`s, *IMO*, looks mediocre, is not too user-friendly, isn`t veryslick, and doesn`t last long. I use a lot of GG`s stuff, but I gave away their wax, total waste of shelf-space for me. I`d at least take those off your short list.

MattZ28
08-12-2004, 11:41 AM
P21S/S100 is my favorite wax. The ease of use is incredible, I really enjoy using it. Durability is not really an issue for me. I can`t remember the last time I went longer than 3 weeks without re-waxing.

Bill D
08-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Anyone knowledgable about TOL`s Pizazz? How does it compare to other more well known favorite traditional waxes?

imported_series1
08-12-2004, 11:51 AM
I have some klasse aio and sg topped with p21s and it still looks great and it is still beading. I worked on it about 4 months ago and it has been washed every 5 days or so.

lpquick
08-12-2004, 12:00 PM
A. P21S

Are these safe on rubber and plastic?

mtodde
08-12-2004, 12:10 PM
The Signature is great on light metallic colors...I would be interested in seeing it on your BMW...I think it is light enough for the Signature to really make it pop.

Accumulator
08-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by lpquick

A. P21S

Are these safe on rubber and plastic?

Dunno about the Pinnacle Signature, but their Souveran and some of their other waxes are OK on it.

P21S works OK on it, but wipe it off right away; people who`ve let it dry have sometmes had staning. Can`t remember about the Griot`s, but I *think* it was OK (agiain, wipe it right off).

Most "straight waxes" are OK on trim as long as you wipe them off before they set up fully. *NOT* Blitz, though.

Best stiff if you`re gonna get it on trim is Souveran. I`ve used it (intentionally) on my XJS` trim for many years.

lpquick
08-12-2004, 12:45 PM
scottabir, have you compared trade secret to the others, direct one to one (or many) for yourself?

lpquick
08-12-2004, 12:53 PM
OK, Griot`s is out, now between P21S, Trade Secret, & Pinnacle, thanks Accumulator. (TOL`s Pizazz)???

Any one else?

:bounce

PATHFNDR
08-12-2004, 01:11 PM
P21S...Easy on and off. It won`t mess up the trim and it doesn`t smell like anything.:xyxthumbs

jeff5614
08-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Seems like quite a few autopians have good things to say about natty`s, not that I`ve tried it.

Bill D
08-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by lpquick

.(TOL`s Pizazz)???

Here`s the wax I`d like to know more about and I`m not much of a natural wax guy at all:

http://www.topoftheline.com/tolpizcarwax.html

lpquick
08-12-2004, 01:20 PM
How about layering, looks. I want a high gloss wet look if possible?