PDA

View Full Version : how to remove claybar haze on clearcoat

papillon
08-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Hello all, first time post, was recommended to this forum from vwvortex.

I de-striped my car this weekend using a Milwaukee heat gun, and washed the car to remove as much leftover adhesive as possible. I then tried to clay bar the area around the rear driver`s side b/c it had quite a bit of adhesive left, and it left a haze on the clearcoat where the claybar was used.

A friend said I have to POLISH the entire area to remove the haze and not wax it b/c that`ll only hide the damage but not fix it. Anyone else have tips? What products can I buy to do it myself?

I was considering just taking it to a professional detailer b/c time is something I don`t have much of now, plus it literally hasn`t stopped raining here in S. Florida for two weeks. But that will cost me about $100+

Thanks in advance.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Well, you could take it to a detailer, and he/she will do nothing more than clean, polish, and seal it. So, $20.00 and a Meg`s/Mothers 1-2-3 punch + 1 days worth of work....or $100.00!

papillon
08-08-2004, 05:44 PM
I am a total detailing noob, lol. what locally available products do I exactly need to buy that I can apply by hand...I don`t have a buffer and don`t have the spare $$$ to buy the proper kind.

flyinhigh
08-08-2004, 08:53 PM
you have CB haze?? Im confused ..

Have you tried some QD ? You have a pic??

andriver
08-08-2004, 09:01 PM
It is probably not clay bar haze but leftover adhesive. Buy a cleaner polish and see if it helps.