PDA

View Full Version : You Have My Respect

morrison
08-08-2004, 02:44 AM
Wanted to pass on my respect for all of you detailers out there.

I received all of my detail products and started to detail our Volvo XC90(T6) SUV today. I did the following today:

- Washed and dried

- Clayed (fine) using Showroom Shine as a lube

- Buffed by hand as I clayed with a Contours buffing

towel

- Taped (2 hours) off the vehicle prior to using the PC

orbital

- Treated the SUV with Klasse AIO using the PC and a

white LC pad

- Utilized a hand applicator to get the areas that I could

not get with the PC

- Buffed the Klasse AIO with a 2nd Contours buffing towel

- Took all the tape off (will not tape in the future due to

the PC being so controllable and smooth

- Due to dried on wax from previous 2 wax jobs treated

exterior trim with a dried on wax remover (Griots

Garage). Had to treat numerous times to get the

majority of the wax off

Tomorrow I will wash/dry and apply my first coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze that I will have to let cure for a day or so. While this coat is curing I plan to do the rims with clay followed by AIO. Once 1st coat is cured, I will wash/dry and then apply a 2nd coat of Sealant Glaze. After the 2nd coat cures then 2 coats of P21S will be applied and buffed (utilizing PC) off with an ultra fine MF bonnet supported by an orange pad. I will then treat the exterior trim.

I do not know how you all do it but you have my respect!!!!!!

Brad

PakShak
08-08-2004, 02:56 AM
Hi Brad,

Welcome to the club. :D Did I say it would be easy :xyxthumbs

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

beastie
08-08-2004, 02:58 AM
You can apply SG immediately after AIO is buffed off. That way you wouldn`t have to wash again. There is an application method called WOWO or WOO (Wipe on /wipe off) that has caught on with many SG users that doesn`t require the usual overnight wait to buff off SG. Do a search. It was formulated by Bill North. There is still a wait of 24 hours between coats.

May I suggest at least 3 coats of SG. SG is at its optimum when there are 3-5 layers on the vehicle. Remember this mantra: "Thin Coats".