PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning PC pads?

Labster
08-07-2004, 09:19 PM
I started out and went the expensive route and have one pad for each product that I use but I`ve noticed with my finishing pads that they aren`t taking all the polish off when I go to remove anymore. My question is, what method of cleaning your pads completely do you use? Thanks in advance.

l33
08-07-2004, 09:30 PM
i keep a bucket of soap and water out when i`m using my pads. After i`m done with a pad i dunk it in and lightly rub the product off. Then i shake the pad till the bulk of the water is gone. You can also put the pad on a rotarty or PC to shake more water

jimmybuffit
08-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Wash in soap, rinse well, spin dry (in a bucket!).

flyinhigh
08-07-2004, 10:37 PM
I now use the Sonus der wunder wash.Although a dawn wash cleaned pretty good in itself.

and watch out for flying pads LOL !!!!! Those things fly pretty good :D

bunmango
08-07-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Labster

I started out and went the expensive route and have one pad for each product that I use but I`ve noticed with my finishing pads that they aren`t taking all the polish off when I go to remove anymore. My question is, what method of cleaning your pads completely do you use? Thanks in advance.

quick question - are you using the finishing pads to REMOVE the product, or APPLY? From my understanding, finishing pads are used to apply fine glazes and LSP`s, not to remove products. If you want to remove products via machine, you should be using an MF bonnet over a pad...

Labster
08-08-2004, 12:31 AM
bunmango - Actually you can use either a finishing pad or a bonnet. Here is a link that explains what I`m talking about: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-pc7424.html

bunmango
08-08-2004, 03:03 AM
oh wow, I never knew that... I was always under the impression that finishing pads were used to apply... learn something new every day :)

how come you don`t like buffing off by hand?

Labster
08-08-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by bunmango

oh wow, I never knew that... I was always under the impression that finishing pads were used to apply... learn something new every day :)

how come you don`t like buffing off by hand?

I usually take the wax/sealant off by hand. I guess it`s just preference for me to remove the polish by hand.:nixweiss