PDA

View Full Version : Here`s What I`ve Got, What Should I Use?

layer3switchguy
08-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Hi guys,

Anxious to take advantage of the cool weather here in NJ this weekend and deatl the Boxster. Over the last few months I`ve managed to buy WAY to many car care products, and now have a large assortment of stuff. I would really appreciate the boards advice on what I should use, and if possible, why.

Here`s the list:

WAX

Klasse - AIO and SG

P21S Concours Look

Pre Wax

P21S Paintowrks Cleanser

3M Imperial Hand Glaze

Sonus Clay Bar

Sonus Paintworks Cleanser

Sonus Acrylic Glaze

The color of the car is Seal Gray Metallic. I have a few minor scratches, but overall the paint is in great shape. Given the products listed above, what should I use for the best results?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

L3

Accumulator
08-08-2004, 11:03 AM
layer3switchguy- I`d definitely use the clay and one or more of the pre-wax prep products (the P21S GEPC, the Sonus Cleanser). I would not use the IHG. Concentrate on the prep and then use the AIO when it looks good. Try to get a layer of SG on it and that should be plenty of work for now. You can add more SG after the next wash. After you`ve added SG for a while you can consider topping it with the P21S wax, but I`ve quit doing that so I can keep adding SG.

imported_memnuts
08-08-2004, 11:41 AM
What Accumulator said. :xyxthumbs

stevet
08-08-2004, 11:51 AM
It looks like you have several products that do the same job. AIO, P21S Paint Work Cleanser (GEPC), and the Sonus Paint Work Cleanser are all pre wax/sealant cleaners. You don`t really have anything that would remove defects in your paint. Going with the products you have I would do as Accumulator said.

Scottwax
08-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Clay > AIO > SG or P21S or SG, wait a day and top with P21S.

layer3switchguy
08-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Thanks Guys!