PDA

View Full Version : Zaino clay is repackaged stuff.

Pages : [1] 2 3

getfit74
08-07-2004, 06:11 PM
My brother and I got some Zaino products today, to my surprise, what do we see when we opened the Z-18 clay? Repacked

Mothers claybar with the same number on the package and everything, its EXACTLY the same. I just happened to have a new Mothers bar as well. See for your self. Very very disappointing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/dvoor8/Autos/P1010048.jpg

Antonio Wright
08-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Lol, IIRC most clay is. So what is your beef?

BradE
08-07-2004, 06:14 PM
I guess you were unaware, there are only a few clay manufacturers in the US, and most of the major companies buy from them. Including Mothers and Zaino.

getfit74
08-07-2004, 06:20 PM
I guess the "NEW" on the jar isnt really "NEW" huh? I was under the impression it was a Zaino made product.

From their site: "products are unlike anything you`ve used before. Zaino engineers unique products for car enthusiasts, who believe that expense is secondary to results. "

Live and learn....................

oklagmcruiser
08-07-2004, 06:41 PM
Atleast you get the nice carrying case...:LOL: Thanks for the tip...sux that you were the one that had to find out...

MattZ28
08-07-2004, 06:55 PM
My Autopia clay.....guess you can`t beat the same clay for $6.25 a bar :D

Brad - any idea who exactly these clay suppliers are?

imported_memnuts
08-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Almost as exciting as the P21S and S100 soap opera.

Next thing we`re discover that most MF`s (except DF towels) are made by only a few manufactures. ;)

Common legimate practice that most companies use so that they can offer multiply products related to their parent product(s) field of endeavor.

Corey Bit Spank
08-07-2004, 07:09 PM
:( I think Sal Zaino needs to apologize!

Mindflux
08-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

Why? for doing what the rest of the industry does too?

You realise this happens in every OTHER industry too, right?

RedondoV6
08-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

What is wrong with the description of the clay used on the Zaino web site?

`Z-18 ClayBarâ„¢ is a pliable, synthetic bar that quickly and safely removes imbedded contamination from all glass and painted surfaces. Used for years by automobile manufacturers and auto body shops, paint cleaning clay is an excellent choice for removing contamination that cannot be removed using conventional cleaning methods.`

I think that says it all! It`s another yellow clay bar. No claims of a unique manufacturing process there :nixweiss

BradE
08-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Two companies make nearly all of the clay sold in the United States. Auto Magic/Wax (Clay Magic, etc) or K.E.L manufacturing (Zaino, Autopia, Mothers, Erazer, etc.)

Each makes all kinds of different variations for different companies and thier needs, but they supply just about everyone in some shape or form.

I`m not sure what Sal should apologize for. This isn`t uncommon, nearly everyone in this industry does it.

topnotchtouch
08-07-2004, 07:46 PM
All of Meguiars clay is now coming from Auto Magic/Wax.

Setec Astronomy
08-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by BradE

...I`m not sure what Sal should apologize for. This isn`t uncommon, nearly everyone in this industry does it.

And every other industry...is anyone here screaming about when Pontiac was selling that gussied up Camaro and calling it a Firebird (no offense, F-car owners)? Or how about the Jaguars that are just Lincoln LS`s with a different motor? Or the Audi TT`s that are really just a new Beetle under the skin?

It`s called marketing, salesmanship, the American way??

PS...liked that comment about the MF towels.

Redcar GUY
08-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Hmmm maybe this means Zaino makes the clay for Mothers… Or maybe Zaino is owned my mothers or Mothers owns Zaino! O My Gosh this is an unreal find! It could mean so many things….. [/Sarcasm]

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D :wavey

MattZ28
08-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

is anyone here screaming about when Pontiac was selling that gussied up Camaro and calling it a Firebird (no offense, F-car owners)?

None taken, but Chevy and Pontiac are both owned by GM, and the Camaro and Firebird were always twins. Now, the Holden Monaro being rebadged into a GTO, that pisses me off.