PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Trim Dressing Question

Brent13
08-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Hi,

I`ve been lurking (and learning) here for several weeks now and really enjoy the forum.

I`ve got a `00 Laser Red Mustang with those horrible black plastic inserts in the hood and side scoops. I`ve been using Mothers Back to Black on them and I really like the finish but I`ve noticed, when it rains, the dressing seems to "run" and "stain" the hood and sides of the car.

Can anyone suggest a good dressing for plastic that won`t "run" when it gets wet?

Thanks!

thinksnow
08-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Try AIO or VM. Neither will run, and both will clean *and* protect.

Locally purchased, even something like Armor All on a properly cleaned surface should stay nice and black.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-07-2004, 12:19 PM
arent those those a pain ? Theres really no magic, ya just kind of need to tay on top of them with suggested products......If there faded go with Back to Black, or as TS said, VM.

andriver
08-07-2004, 12:41 PM
On my wife`s mustang I use Poorboys Trim Restorer. Works very well.

Dennis H.
08-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Brent13,

If you let the B2B set up for a few minutes then buff off the excess it won`t run.

Accumulator
08-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Brent13- Welcome to Autopia! I too use AIO or VM on them. I usually top the AIO with SG, BF, or UPP. On some pampered cars, I`ll use Souveran. I know what you mean about dressings running! That, and transfer to car covers, is why I quit using Exterior Vinyl/Rubber ("ERV") dressings for the most part.

Brent13
08-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Thanks guys . . . that gives me some good ideas to try!