PDA

View Full Version : Removing polish - which QD to use with Zaino?

AdamCKach
08-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Should I use an Acrylic Spray (Sonus) when removing polish (the dry dust) since I will be topping everything with polymer Zaino? Or should I use something else, like the carnuba spray or clay bar lubricant, such as Clay magic? I want to make sure the spray doesn`t interfere with the bond of Zaino. Thanks!

Thanks,

Adam

chris0626
08-07-2004, 02:16 AM
I don`t understand the chemistry of these sealants and I love my Zaino finish and (applied sparingly) Zaino`s QD isn`t all that expensive. So I use Zaino QD on the prep steps. Call me an ignorant slave of the Z Empire.

imported_memnuts
08-07-2004, 05:11 AM
You can use any QD that does not contain silicone and carnuaba. For claying I use Meg`s FI or just a cap of Z7 in 16oz of water for claying. For between Zaino application I have used Sonus without any problems. Your best bet, as Lynn stated, is to stay within the system and use Z6. Between layers (series of daily layering or 3 coats in 1 day with ZFX) only use Z6 or nothing for best results.

Remember Sonus actually cost more than Z6 ($10 vs $12-15 excluding shipping). Z6 also impacts a higher gloss.

For the situation you stated Sonus, FI and QS would work if Z6 if not available.

Klasse = Sonus QD

Zaino = Z6

:wavey