PDA

View Full Version : Detailer in 91750 area......

a.k.a. Patrick
08-06-2004, 12:44 PM
Im looking to reffer someone with a Lexus, to this zip code....Area code 626/909... Please let me know if your interested...Champagne with tan leather...Ill get the model (Its a Lexus) Spoiledman you get first crack if your back from vacay!!

SpoiledMan
08-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Thanks man. When do they want it done?? I KNOW I will be able to use the money when I return.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Chris is this local to you ?

SpoiledMan
08-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Sounds like it`s a bit north of Pasadena?

a.k.a. Patrick
08-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Heck if i know im west of you !!

Chris:

Originally posted by exceldetail

Cali, your going to get what you pay for at those places, thats for sure. They`ll wash it, give it a quick clay, and use an all in one type of product that will give you about a month of protection. I cant speak for their interior work, but rest assured, they go to NO great length in car care detailing....You better off finding a reputable detailer, and spend twice that, and get what you deserve, and pay for.....If you let me know what area your from, i can probably find you someone......

Im sorry, i really didnt answer your question ! Ask them what their process is, what do they wash the car with, sponges, natural sheepskin, rags ? What do they dry with, rags, cotton towels, microfiber towels, air ??? What product is being used to clean the surface of contaminants, what polish is being used to rejuvinate your paint, are they using a Carnauba, or Polymer to seal with ? Is the trim being addressed ? What do they protect the wheels with ? Are they putting something hi gloss on the dash and interior? What leather treatment product are they using, or is it an all in one cleaner/protectant?

Any reputable detailer will know what to do with emblems....Go around them with a machine, and touch them up by hand.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excel, what answers should I look for in each of those questions? My car is a champagne color and inside is tan leather. The hood has a few chipped spots from rocks.

Also, can you give me a recommendation since you know people in the business? I`m in southern california outside of L.A. in the 626/909 area, zip code 91750.

bunmango
08-06-2004, 06:37 PM
La Verne... where the 10, 210, and 57 freeways meet (well, not exactly, that`s San Dimas, home of Raging Waters ;) )

If I`m not mistaken, Superior Shine works out of West Covina, which isn`t too far from La Verne.

Superior Shine
08-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Thanks bunmango,

We were in La Vern yesterday and we will be there again this Wends.

Patrick - I would love to do the Lexus. We arnt avalable until the last week of Aug but I promise I will do a good job- :cool: