PDA

View Full Version : Windshield problems

TPG013
08-06-2004, 09:10 AM
My wipers seems to leave marks at there flops points. By flop points I mean where they flip from one direction to the other. I have a line in the middle of the windshield and marks on the drivers side of the windshield and the bottom. Sometimes the marks are black like part of the wiper is eroding. I have replaced the wipers a few times, cleaned them and the glass as well. Anyone have any ideas?

togwt
08-06-2004, 09:23 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

A few possible solutions as you’ve stated the glass (have you tried a glass polish?) and wipers have been cleaned:

a)Apply 303 Wiper TreatmentTM to the wiper blades to clean, restore suppleness, eliminate wiper noise or `skipping` and to avoid glass smearing

b)Aquapel® Glass Treatment:

Application Methodology:

·For use outdoors only in non-windy conditions, wear plastic gloves, do not breath fumes from applicator.

·Place on glass, squeeze the two handles of the packaging until you hear a crack, spread on glass surfaces, let it sit for a minute and it will bead up.

·Using lint-free- paper towels wipe glass; remaining haze will dry to a clear glass.

·Dispose of packaging, gloves and towels into a childproof container outside.

·Wash hands after use, product contains chemicals so keep away from children

·Avoid any unnecessary contact with liquid do not ingest liquid

~Hope this helps ~

* justadumbarchitect so I question everything *

Experience unshared is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

andriver
08-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Agree with TOGWT. You can also clay your windshield. I use AIO to clean my windshield. Lately, I have been using 1Z Glaspolish. It also works well. You can order Glaspolish here on Autopia.

imported_SHICKS
12-11-2004, 08:47 AM
Last week I cleaned my windshield with AIO. The visual results were great, but now my wipers are very noisy. They don`t seem to glide freely, they seem almost forced.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Steve

sgo
12-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by SHICKS

Last week I cleaned my windshield with AIO. The visual results were great, but now my wipers are very noisy. They don`t seem to glide freely, they seem almost forced.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Steve

That`s interesting because your results seem to be completely reverse of mine with AIO. We are talking about Klassee aren`t we? I didn`t like the film right after the wiper swiped over the windshield though. It did go away quickly after each swipe.

I did find out that taking AIO off can be a challenge. I used my usual Bon Ami cleaner technique, but it didn`t completely remove it. I`m going after it with clay and the PC with some FPII and see if I can get it clean again.

imported_SHICKS
12-11-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by SteveOst

That`s interesting because your results seem to be completely reverse of mine with AIO. We are talking about Klassee aren`t we? I didn`t like the film right after the wiper swiped over the windshield though. It did go away quickly after each swipe.

I did find out that taking AIO off can be a challenge. I used my usual Bon Ami cleaner technique, but it didn`t completely remove it. I`m going after it with clay and the PC with some FPII and see if I can get it clean again.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes we are talking Klasse. I have used AIO and SG on my 4Runner without any problems. This is on my BMW. The wipers are about a year old, but seem to work perfectly fine. I wanted to try AIO on the windshield since I have it on all the other windows. The problem seems the worse when in light rain and there is not much water to clear from the windshield. Its almost like squeaky clean if you know what I mean.

I may try new blades today.

Thanks,

Steve.

sgo
12-11-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by SHICKS

Thanks for the reply.

Yes we are talking Klasse. I have used AIO and SG on my 4Runner without any problems. This is on my BMW. The wipers are about a year old, but seem to work perfectly fine. I wanted to try AIO on the windshield since I have it on all the other windows. The problem seems the worse when in light rain and there is not much water to clear from the windshield. Its almost like squeaky clean if you know what I mean.

I may try new blades today.

Thanks,

Steve.

Adam`s Polishes Detail Spray worked really well for me. I used it to clay the windshield. I still get the "film" as the wiper streaks over it. I`m beginning to think that will happen no matter what I use. The only time I don`t get it is when the windshield is completely clean and void of any product of any kind.