PDA

View Full Version : Wax on,.. Wax off. Which gives a better, cleaner shine? by hand? or by machine?

Wilky
08-05-2004, 08:41 AM
What do you think fellow detailers?

Outside of the effort involved, which method of applying and buffing off gives a better surface?

By hand with foam applicators?

By machine with the proper pads etc.

(Just in case: Im using Klasse AIO, SG wo-wo and PS21)

Accumulator
08-05-2004, 12:07 PM
I dunno about machines and the SG w-o-w-o or P21S as a) I don`t use w-o-w-o and b) I seldom use P21S :o But generally, I don`t think too many people are gonna do as good a job, start to finish and every time, as the PC will. All those orbits per minute, every time, never getting sloppy or tired...Besides being easier (at least IMO), I believe that most people will get better results, or at least more *consistently* good results working by machine.

togwt
08-05-2004, 12:14 PM
~ One man’s opinion / observations ~

Most synthetic products (Klasse, NXT, Zanio, etc) require a super thin application for optimum results, a machine / foam pad provides a uniform pressure and enables a very thin product application.

I’ve never used the WOWO method for product application so I can’t really speak to it

~ Hope this helps ~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

DSVWGLI
08-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Depends on the product. The wax I use(Victoria Wax) is applied with bare hands and let me tell you, there`s nothings like it.

ALAN81
08-06-2004, 05:30 PM
DSVWGLI VW it says apply by hand but can you use a applicator?

Scottwax
08-06-2004, 11:03 PM
If we are talking pure wax on a properly prepped surface then I highly doubt it matters. I chose `by hand` simply because I can do it more quickly and use less product than by machine.

Dennis H.
08-06-2004, 11:08 PM
I vote PC!

forrest@mothers
08-06-2004, 11:12 PM
I`m a machine guy - more uniform.

DSVWGLI
08-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by ALAN81

DSVWGLI VW it says apply by hand but can you use a applicator?

ALAN81

No..... This is pure wax(Carnauba, Montan and Bees waxes) with no fillers, by using your hand you will not waste the product. You want to put very little on and by using your hands you can control the amount. I am told the heat of your hand is the first catalysis in the bonding process. There`s nothing like the hands on feel and results.

DSVWGLI

White95Max
08-07-2004, 10:04 PM
I prefer to wax by hand. I feel there is much less risk of putting any swirls in the paint. You also save the money that you would spend on the machine.

lbls1
08-08-2004, 08:13 AM
There is nothing quite like a Zymol high grade carnauba, well applied and stretched by hand.