PDA

View Full Version : Winter: business

imported_rookie
08-05-2004, 07:27 AM
Is it hard to do an interior detail in the winter if you are mobile?

Yes, it seems like it would be tough to do a exterior, but an interior seems a bit easier?

Would the machines hold up? Wet/dry vac, and the excavator? And is there a possibility of the dressings and cleaning solutions freezing?

imported_rookie
08-05-2004, 10:10 AM
BUMP

Doesn`t anyone detail interiors during the winter?

Auto Care USA
08-05-2004, 07:49 PM
No. If you don`t have dealer work forget it.

shaf
08-05-2004, 11:57 PM
Moved to Professional Detailers for your convenience. :)

Scottwax
08-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Auto Care USA

No. If you don`t have dealer work forget it.

Says who? I can work pretty much year `round in the Dallas area. I wouldn`t touch dealer work....all the new car dealers have their own people and the used car lots pay $50-60 a car for a full detail. I stick with privately owned vehicles.

I can see your point if you have rough winters but down here, I`ll stay away from dealer work. ;)

imported_Intel486
08-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by rookie

and the excavator?

Here`s mine. It holds up fine in the winter.

Tim Lingor
08-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Intel486

Here`s mine. It holds up fine in the winter.

:rofl :rofl :xyxthumbs

Tim

imported_ajbarnes
08-07-2004, 05:48 AM
I`m up north, and the winters here suck! But, on the brighter side, there is about a 95% chance I`ll be moving my family, my business, and myself down to S. Florida.....big difference! It may be more rain, but I`ll take that over wax freezing on the car paint as soon as I apply it!:eek:

jimmybuffit
08-07-2004, 06:46 AM
I`ve had more than a few `soccer mom minivans` that required use of the excavator.

Jim

1 Clean WS6
08-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit

I`ve had more than a few `soccer mom minivans` that required use of the excavator.

Jim

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Minivan`s and any SUV that has a 3rd row seat. I just don`t understand how some people let their kids just flat out tear the crap out of vehicles.

As far as working winters Scottwax is 100% right. I work year round here in Georgia and it is all privately owned vehicles. The closest I get to dealer work is detailing several cars for a local speed shop. Living down south does have its perks.:xyxthumbs

Labster
08-07-2004, 09:22 PM
It looks like I`ll be finding a job to keep the income flowing once the end of October hits. Stupid freaking Ohio winters :(

Scottwax
08-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit

Jim

Don`t get me started on that subject. http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/rant2.gif

Treatment man
08-15-2004, 05:35 PM
I dont think he meant winters in Georgia or Dallas there not winters duh

Scottwax
08-15-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Treatment man

I dont think he meant winters in Georgia or Dallas there not winters duh

He has no location listed, so none of us have any idea what type of winter weather he is facing. We do get freezing weather down here that does necessiate bringing in polishes and waxes so they don`t freeze, and I have detailed cars when the starting temps are in the upper 20s (finishing temps near freezing).

I honestly cannot comprehend why anyone would live where you have real cold winters. I think Dallas is way too cold in the winter.