PDA

View Full Version : MF Bonnets vs Buffing MF

mnbv
08-04-2004, 07:57 PM
I am getting all my supplies for detailing the exterior. I am consitering getting some more MF from pakshack, specifically 5 more 2 sided buffing towels, 1-2 glass towels and 1 pro detailing towel to try. I have 3-4 usable Khaki MF from autopia and 1 drying towel. When I get my pads for my pc, I was wondering if I could skip the buffing towels and use the bonnets that come in the kit, ie the sonus pad kit they sell here. What would the difference in apperence be between the two? Also, would I need to get some MF applicators from pak shak or does the sonus kit come with everything I need?

a.k.a. Patrick
08-04-2004, 11:59 PM
A little trick i use is just lay a plush MF out on the surface, set your PC on it, and buff away......

mnbv
08-05-2004, 12:07 AM
haha, I guess that would work. Is a bonnet nessisary if I have enough MF? or should I get a kit with bonnets and use my remaining MF for other things.

Accumulator
08-05-2004, 12:43 PM
I really like using MF bonnets on the PC and Cyclo. I do a little follow-up by hand, but I`m sold on the bonnets. Some work a lot better than others, though. FWIW, I like the bonnets better than using the "regular MF under the pad" thing, which I did before they came out with the bonnets.