PDA

View Full Version : ATV (4-wheeler) plastic scratches

eclemens
08-04-2004, 06:08 AM
Has anyone tried to lessen the scratches in the (VERY soft) plastic that is found on ATVs? I was curious if the plastic polishes that are available would work on it. It seems softer than most clear plastics I assumed those products were for (like convertible back glasses).

TIA

VV

MarcBickham
08-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Look for a product called Plastic Renew (or something close to that). It should be carried by any ATV/motorcycle aftermarket distributor like Dennis Kirk and such. I`ve never personally used it, but have seen ATV`s where it helped.

BTW - won`t they just get scratched up again?

eclemens
08-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Of course, but we are autopian, aren`t we :D

They also sell better when they look better ;)

VV

Originally posted by buckslayer

Look for a product called Plastic Renew (or something close to that). It should be carried by any ATV/motorcycle aftermarket distributor like Dennis Kirk and such. I`ve never personally used it, but have seen ATV`s where it helped.

BTW - won`t they just get scratched up again?

imported_00GREENMACHINE
08-04-2004, 12:34 PM
I always had the cleanest 4 wheeler ( atleast untill we started riding) I always washed off my honda and then wiped it down with armor all etc. It never discolored my fenders. They always shined and the dirt did not stick to them like others that never used it.

chris0626
08-06-2004, 04:30 AM
I`m not at all familiar with ATVs or what makes their plastic unique. But I`ve had good success with Meguiar`s PlastX. Saw Mike Phillips polish-out some awfully scratched Plexiglas with that product. Have to use some serious elbow grease on hard surfaces, though.

HTH --

Lynn

eclemens
08-06-2004, 05:02 AM
ATV plastic is the other extreme from plexiglass. It is extremely soft; some worse than others. If you rub a microfiber on it with moderate pressure, it is marred.

VV