PDA

View Full Version : 303 is streaky when used on my exterior trim.

mnbv
08-03-2004, 10:16 PM
I used 303 on my trim after I washed my car with foam. I got a little on the paint, but after I finished everything I wiped it down. It looked great then, but after a day it got all streaky and messy looking. I love 303 on the interior, but it has a :down from me on exterior trim.

jchetty
08-03-2004, 10:47 PM
if its streaky then you can always buff it. while I will admit 303 isnt the best in terms of looks, i will tell you that none of my outer trim is faded on my 1 year old car, and my neighbors who dont treat it is.....

wtwnsnd
08-03-2004, 10:54 PM
Make sure you are wiping off the excess. Apply it to the trim, let it set for a few minutes, then wipe off with a clean towel. Some people get good results this way. Honestly, I never could get 303 to hold up well on anything exterior.

I`ve had good luck with the 1Z (Einszett) Vinyl & Rubber care (real name is Tiefenpfleger) and just recently started using RaggTopp Vinyl Protectant. It`s made for vinyl convertible tops, but I`ve had great luck so far with it on my fender flares.

If the trim is smooth (not-texture) you can try using the same thing you use to protect your paint. I`ve done this on my plastic side mirrors and had good results.

mnbv
08-03-2004, 11:24 PM
I have a TON of trim on my car, much of it is smooth. here is a pic.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/17286right_side_with_tree.jpg

you can see the lower trim is smooth and the middle trim is also. this won`t be stained with polishes/wax?

Also, I will try buffing the 303 more.

jchetty
08-03-2004, 11:55 PM
damn, nice job..ur car looks good:xyxthumbs

mnbv
08-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Haha, you really think so? That was only after a wash with Eagle one wet. I have never polished it or waxed it. Believe me, there are many, many swirls everywhere, the picture hides them. I will be getting a PC and a pad kit soon. It takes me an hour and 50 minutes to just wash and dry my car, I wonder how long it will take me to polish it, hahaha.

Thanks!

loco
08-04-2004, 09:16 AM
Sorry that happened. Never has streaked on me. I do apply it, wait a few minutes, then buff it. I apply it once a month to the exterior trim.

Jesstzn
08-04-2004, 09:26 AM
mnbv if you have Klasse AIO give it a try .. I just detailed a Civic same color last week and I rubbed the black down with IA first to clean it then used the AIO. I saw the car last nite and the black still looks good. No staining.

Bill D
08-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Klasse twin appear to be a terrific solution to this issue

mnbv
08-04-2004, 02:36 PM
what is IA Jesstzn? I am consitering Klasse twins, I will be getting a pc soon. Once I order my pc, I will get my polishes/glaze/sealents/wax etc.

Jesstzn
08-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by mnbv

what is IA Jesstzn? .

Isopropl Alcohol .. Rubbing Alcohol.