PDA

View Full Version : Im so mad!

acrl
08-03-2004, 03:34 PM
So I got this $2 off shell`s premium gas coupon in the mail the other day so I go to fill up the tank today. I`m filling up the tank in the new car for the first time and watching the price climb up then all the sudden the thing is ****ing overflowing! I go in there `````ing at the guy at the register what he`s gonna do about this, but since he`s just a cashier he obviously can`t do anything. The pump is automatically suppose to stop when the tank is full! So I rush home and hose off the gasoline thats all over the paint, and wipe it off with a towel. I`m about to go stock up on the detailing stuff tomorrow....any ideas how to take care of this properly?

DaGonz
08-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Wash the car... that should take care of the gas spill stain.

The gas pump nozzle`s auto shut off is apparently malfunctioning. It needs to be replaced.

Accumulator
08-03-2004, 04:28 PM
acrl- Welcome to Autopia. Sorry to hear about the shut-off malfunction, the same thing happened to me last year. I hope the cashier passed the news on to the station`s owner so it doesn`t happen to more people.

As Gonzo0903 said, you should be OK. Whatever you would`ve normally used to clean the paint (clay, then a polish or paint cleaner) oughta work fine. Gas spills on today`s paint aren`t that big of a deal (even if they are real :scared :angry experiences).

imported_series1
08-03-2004, 04:33 PM
It sounds like you should be okay because you went right home to take care of it. I agree with Gonzo to wash the car and then maybe QD it after and then when you get your detail products you can work on it.

ALAN81
08-03-2004, 06:24 PM
happens to me a lot just wash car with a little auto soap and put on a coat of wax to make you feel better NO big deal

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
08-03-2004, 06:41 PM
If you`re only going to wash then make sure you feel the area after. If it isn`t slipperly like the rest of your car then you should do something (e.g. wax)

bjwebster
08-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Well I have been there, done that. Did it once on my car, spewed out, no biggie. Another time, I was pumping gas into my mothers S-class for her, wasnt paying attention, then realized it was starting to spew out. Removed the nozzle, and the car proceeds to shoot gas out of the gas inlet. The inlet is weird on the S, and I guess it is sealed around the nozzle, and filled it up, over filled it, and did so under pressure. It was like a geyser of gas spewing out, and it went on for prolly 5-10 seconds. I was so annoyed, and a little frightened.

flynfrog
08-03-2004, 08:25 PM
my old s10 had a leaky tank when the attened let it run while we was helping some one esle it pumped about 10 gallons out of the top of the tank all over the ground ect i realy hoped my car would catch on fire but no luck

longarm
08-04-2004, 12:17 AM
WOW, had that happen to me the day after I got my car looking showroom new. I was pissed as hell. The cashier acted like they didn`t care about the pump malfunctioning. I solved that problem real quick. Being the fuzz and it being my jurisdiction, I picked up my cell phone and called township firehouse and spoke to a lieutenant that I know. After I explaned what happened, he went out that afternoon and tagged that nozle so noone else could use it. :nono :rofl :rofl Well, they should have listened when I asked them to make that pump off limits.

On a safe note, I carry a bottle of Mequires Quick Detail and a micro-fiber towel in my trunk now for occassions like that, or bird droppings, ect.....