PDA

View Full Version : If only there was one "Super Store".....

imported_fireberd350
08-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Shipping is a lot of money any more. Therefore I try to order as many things as I can at once to prevent paying shipping on small orders in the future. This creates another dilemma. I can never shop in just one store, or I should say I can never complete my order in just one store. It seems everytime I need to order supplies I have to strategically figure out what I will order from where. There are so many choices but none of them carry everything you need. For example I only use CMA pads...QEW, poorboys and clearkote are limited to a few distributors, etc. I find myself spending alot of time figuring out how to buy the stuff I need from the least amount of stores to save money on shipping. I`m not saying anything bad about any of the stores b/c I have had nothing but excellent service and all successful transactions but it would be much more convenient if there was one place that I could get everything I need.

Anyone else have this problem.

turborave
08-03-2004, 02:38 PM
even better would be a real store that you could physically goto to get all the great things we need!

imagine going to a store and picking up a big pack of pakshak towels, some LC Pads for your PC and

some Menzerna products. :)

it must have been a real pain before eveyone used the internet for all this. imagine getting all the cataloges and ordering from them over the phone..

imported_fireberd350
08-03-2004, 02:40 PM
a local store would be the mecca of all! I`m not holding my breathe tho:(

SilverLexus
08-03-2004, 04:00 PM
I found something close in my area - Auto Color, a PBE in the Southeast.

I can find a good selection of Megs (practically the whole line I think) and 3M and Mothers in one place.

Now if they would just add in Pinnacle, P21S, PakShak, and all the other products I love....my brother lives close to CMA in Tampa so he has a great place to shop. They actually have a storefront and you can walk in and buy product!

We also have a high end detailing products selection at Avril, a local detailing/car wash outfit. They have P21S and Megs and their own line but the prices are high...

On the other hand, the service I find is terrific from these smallish web stores. I have had excellent experience with PakShak, Autopia, Top of the Line, Classis Motoring Accessories, Griot`s Garage, Detailer`s Paradise, and others.

I can`t imagine ordering over the phone...

Nick@DParadise
08-03-2004, 05:33 PM
I feel your pain. We are currently negotiating for a building. Although our first store will be in Denver, we hope to expand from there.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Its just that a physical store cant offer to everyone, everywhere, like the web can. And if there was such a store, what happens after youve saturated the market? The beauty of online purchases is the availability to everyone. If i had to move my internet sales to a storefront, where would i move it to, Dallas, L.A., Seattle, Miami, Atlanta, New York etc......(Sorry if i missed you someone, but you see what i mean?)

hirosh
08-03-2004, 06:03 PM
i know what you mean. living in the middle of the pacific ocean, ordering things from the mainland USA can be expensive! it is nice when you can order everything from one store, and have it shipped together.

luckily for me, ranney (pakshak) lives on the same island as me, and i can pick up my order in person. i guess he`s more of a super supplier to me. :p

SilverLexus
08-03-2004, 09:10 PM
"Although our first store will be in Denver"

Keep me posted Nick..my other brother lives in Colorado Springs. :)

I will have to visit him once your store opens! :)

a.k.a. Patrick
08-03-2004, 09:16 PM
It would be great to be the owner, i just worry about what happens after general population have purchased products, how often will they have a need to return? Ive often thought of it, but retail space in this town is at a premium.......and im just not sure it would be supported. The town has some rather affluent areas, and theres at least 4 full service washes in 5 miles.......People are lazy ! (thank goodness eh ?)

mtodde
08-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by SilverLexus

I found something close in my area - Auto Color, a PBE in the Southeast.

I can find a good selection of Megs (practically the whole line I think) and 3M and Mothers in one place.

Now if they would just add in Pinnacle, P21S, PakShak, and all the other products I love....my brother lives close to CMA in Tampa so he has a great place to shop. They actually have a storefront and you can walk in and buy product!

We also have a high end detailing products selection at Avril, a local detailing/car wash outfit. They have P21S and Megs and their own line but the prices are high...

I`m trying to help a friend that has to have Megs...looks like there are a ton of listings for Auto Color in the Atlanta area...are they in Marietta?

I`m trying to get him to try Poorboy`s but if he goes with Megs, I`d like to be able to refer him to someplace good locally rather than going mail order.

Thanks!

Todd

KrazyKarim
08-25-2004, 02:34 AM
Someone do a store here in Vegas! :wavey

ultrajim49
08-25-2004, 02:51 AM
Try Belgium to find the "good" products

:sosad

Christiaan