PDA

View Full Version : Just got my PC 7424...pads? polish?

Pages : [1] 2

TDIGuy04
08-03-2004, 02:16 PM
I was wondering what kind of pads are recommended for it? My friend details and recommended http://www.properautocare.com/porcabac.html

Those good pads?

also what polishes should I start w/?

Thanks

MongooseGA
08-03-2004, 03:33 PM
ive been reccomended to use the sonus Dual action kit at the autopia store.the kit is selling for 60 bucks. the pads you listed im sure are great too though.

does it come in a kit or will you need to buy all of the pads seperately?

JaCkaL829
08-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Welcome to Autopia, nice to see more people from Jersey joining. Those pads in your post are good. I just got my PC the beginning of the summer and ordered a bunch of those pads. You should probably get a couple of polishing and cutting pads, finishing pads are up to you, not really mandatory. I`ve had successful results with them and feel comfortable with em. Not sure about the polishes, depends on the condtion of the vehicle you are detailing. I would reccomend Poorboy`s SSR line or 1Z Polishes. I`ve been using both SSR2.5 and 1Z PP with the PC and have gotten great results. A little advice try getting everything you order; pads and polishes at the same place to save on shipping.

You can LC pads and Poorboys at www.autogeek.net

or you can get pads and 1Z polishes at Autopia(shop button, top right).

Both really good choices.

It also can`t hurt to read as much as you can, use the search button and enjoy!

Bill D
08-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Hey "how ya doin", welcome! :wavey

Im from NJ and have a black A4!

I highly recommend at least two each of the three standard Lake Country ( CMA) pads: yellow, white, black

I am extremley happy with both the 1z and Menzerna polishes for the notoriusly hard Audi clear.

Dalight
08-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyDaJackal

I would reccomend Poorboy`s SSR line or 1Z Polishes.

How does 1Z UPP or SSR 2/2.5/3 compare to DACP or IP?

Bill D
08-03-2004, 03:53 PM
I think the UPP is a touch more aggressive than DACP or IP. Cant comment on the PB

04BlackAV
08-03-2004, 04:10 PM
As far as pads go I`ll have to put in a plug for Sonus and Meguiars.

Polishes I`d say Meguiars #83 DACP,#80 Speed Glaze,#9 and or Poorboy`s SSR1.

Bill D
08-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Hmm..I`m not so sure how the #9 will fair against the Audi paint alone. That and Speed Glaze should do a good job covering whatever DACP or SS1! may leave behind

04BlackAV
08-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Maybe not alone but it`s good to have around after using #83 just in case you haze the finish.Or you could use SSR1 after also.If your new to using a PC always good to have a light polish around.

JaCkaL829
08-03-2004, 04:31 PM
I believe DACP and SSR2.5 are very similiar in aggressivness. I know quite a few people who normally used DACP recently switched to SSR2.5, because they were getting the same results without the hazing from DACP and its a lot easier to work with. I do believe UPP is the most aggressive out of the ones you listed.

TDIGuy04
08-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Well I ordered the CMA pads starter kit w/ the backing plate, also ordered an extra yellow and grey pad, some menzerna IP and FTG. Oh and some Pinnacle liquid souveran wax. I`m going to order the SSR line too, but a couple things at a time:) I ordered the starter microfiber kit from poorboys last week, although I thought the waffle drying towels looked sort of thin? Whose waffle weave`s do you guys prefer?

thnx

Bill D
08-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Doesn`t really matter, FWIW, I have Microfibertech and PakShak. For Audi paint I`d highly encourage 1z polishes. I still can`t get over the ease of use and upon an alcohol wipe down, true removal of defects. I bet that could come very quickly forf someone proficientwith a rotary.

TDIGuy04
08-04-2004, 08:22 PM
I`m actually selling my Audi, just the name I`ve been going by on all the boards. I`m now driving a 2004 VW Golf GLS TDI :up averaging 42mpg :bow

flyinhigh
08-04-2004, 09:32 PM
:bow VW,AUDI :xyxthumbs

TDIGuy04
08-04-2004, 10:07 PM
I also have an 89 jeep cherokee, but that never gets an exterior wash, maybe a mud bath...it like`s the dirt:eek: The interior however will be detailed.