PDA

View Full Version : got my 2x16oz QEW wash in the mail today.. question..

turborave
08-03-2004, 12:52 PM
i ordered 2 of the 2 fer $10 of QEW wash from Protect All`s website. they also came with the little packs of ProtectAll Surface Care trial pre treated sponges. My questions are:

Did anyone elses bottles of QEW have a piece of tape wrapped around the cap (that tape with the threads in it, very sticky)

and, what if any uses can i use the Surface Care things for?

turborave
08-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Here is a quick pic i took of the bottle here at work with my cel phone:

http://turborave.snittens.com/misc/08-03-04_1435.jpg

Bill D
08-03-2004, 01:44 PM
I think I recall my gallon wrapped the same way

Woob
08-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Wait did you get 4 16oz bottles then? I know you can get 2 bottles for 15 dollar shipped. Maybe I`m crazy :nixweiss

turborave
08-03-2004, 01:53 PM
i got 4 bottles for $25 shipped.

turborave
08-04-2004, 10:45 AM
well i used it when i got home from work last night.. i had washed my car on sunday, but it rained real hard monday and i was out driving in it. so it had water spray on it from the roads. I used 2 caps for 2 gallons of water. i read this morning that i probably should have use 3, right? It is very wierd to wash a car this way. After using a hose and suds and all that it seems like you are going to scratch the hell out of your paint! its def nice not to have to get out the hose and the leaf blower to blow water out of crevices. i dont see my self using the QEW when the car is really dirty.

imported_Luster
08-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by turborave

Did anyone elses bottles of QEW have a piece of tape wrapped around the cap (that tape with the threads in it, very sticky)

and, what if any uses can i use the Surface Care things for?

Yes, my bottles were packaged exactly the same way... it`s to prevent spillage during shipping.

I haven`t used the surface care wipes. My understanding is that you can use them on literally any car surface... glass, leatherm vinyl, paint, rubber, chrome, aluminum, etc.... How? I don`t have a clue! I guess that`s why I don`t use `em.

04BlackAV
08-04-2004, 11:00 AM
I use 2 caps in a gallon to do my AV,directions say 1 cap per half gallon.I doubt anyone here will say much or use the All Surface Care but I bought a spray bottle of it at Walmart and I really like the stuff.I`ve only used it on paint so far and it`s easy to use and I even tried it in direct sun with no problems.:up

imported_Luster
08-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by 04BlackAV

All Surface Care ......I bought a spray bottle of it at Walmart and I really like the stuff.I`ve only used it on paint so far and it`s easy to use and I even tried it in direct sun with no problems.:up

So you`re using it as a QD spray?

04BlackAV
08-04-2004, 11:39 AM
It`s not really a QD.It`s kind of like an all in one.It clean`s a little and adds some carnauba protection.It gave my NXT/#16 combo a little extra pop and still looks good a month later.With the rebate it was only around 7 bucks for 16oz.No hard buffing,no streaks,no oily haze and do-able in the sun.Real user friendly.

Big Leegr
08-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Yep. Mine were taped too.

I didn`t have time to try the sponges, but a guy I work with has a white Chev 1/2 ton that he just goes through the touchless with. ("Of course I wax it. It`s only another dollar!")

So I asked him if he wanted to try some (I gave him 2 sponges), and that it was a wipe on, wipe off, no hard rubbing type of thing. He said "sure."

It took him a couple weeks to try it, but boy! For not polishing it, and being 6 or 7 years old, and WHITE to boot, it sure did shine!

I had to ask him (just to be sure) if he polished it too. "Nope. Just that stuff you gave me."

I might just have to pick up a bottle next time I`m in the States!

turborave
08-06-2004, 08:27 AM
i QEW`d again last night, i noticed a few more things:

I used 3 capfulls in 2 gallons this time, didnt really notice a difference from 2 capfulls.

My sheepskin mit def sheds on the car and leaves fibers behind, it a Eurow Mitt from Wallmart.

How wet should i leave the mitt before i start wiping?

Should i put any pressure on the mitt?

EBPcivicsi
08-06-2004, 08:41 AM
No pressure, the mitt must be new, huh? If so just give it some time.

I like to ring the mitt out until it is just barely dripping.