PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your unused products?

Pages : [1] 2

twopu
08-03-2004, 08:45 AM
After being on the boards for a while I have tried many things suggested by board members. I`m always looking for a better and easier product to use. Mind you I won`t purchase a product unless there is a huge consensus on it. Any way I have products that I have barely used due to a number of reasons (ex. not impressed, stronger/weaker than needed, not as good as the new stuff). Here`s a list of a few things I barely use DACP, S100, AIO, SG, FP, 3M, Mequiars Clay, etc. Not they are not good products it just that I`m not super impressed. What do you do with your unused stuff other than let them sit on the shelf to collect dust?

spotter
08-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Trade or give away to other Autopians!

stilez
08-03-2004, 09:04 AM
Make a thread to trade some stuff up.

I have done soo many trades and have been turned onto a ton of new products.

Just make a thread in the Detailing Product Discussion section with pics and everything (people love pics :D...well I do). I am sure you will get some bites and get some new products to try out.

Bill D
08-03-2004, 09:11 AM
Ive used stuff around the house: lots of waxed surfaces :o

Some stuff I was so disgusted with, down the drain,to the trash it went :down

UtahX
08-03-2004, 10:25 AM
twopu,

Checkout my thread on #80.

imported_fireberd350
08-03-2004, 10:36 AM
I`d be willing to trade....are you interested in Zaino? I have Z1, Z2, Z5, Z6, ZFX, and maybe more I forget the numbers.

twopu
08-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Good idea! I`ll start posting sales/trades in the abay and Detail Product Discussions.

Here`s an idea: everyone is always wishing they made small trial sample to test products, we could buy a product and put into trial size contains for a small fee (liquids of course) and post on the boards what we have. Just a thought.

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
08-03-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by twopu

After being on the boards for a while I have tried many things suggested by board members. I`m always looking for a better and easier product to use. Mind you I won`t purchase a product unless there is a huge consensus on it. Any way I have products that I have barely used due to a number of reasons (ex. not impressed, stronger/weaker than needed, not as good as the new stuff). Here`s a list of a few things I barely use DACP, S100, AIO, SG, FP, 3M, Mequiars Clay, etc. Not they are not good products it just that I`m not super impressed. What do you do with your unused stuff other than let them sit on the shelf to collect dust?

Yikes...those are some pretty darn good products that you`re not impressed with. You sure you`re using them properly?

twopu
08-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Your right they are all good products and I wouldn`t have bought them without reading good things about them. It very well could be technique. It`s not due to a lack of effort because I have researched and tried many methods. Again there are some products that I just didn`t need.

DACP- too aggressive for what I needed

S100- I thought it was going to give me a better "POP" that would justify applying it every 3-4 weeks.

AIO and SG- Fantastic on my wife`s silver car but not that impressed on my black car. Got better results with Meguairs and 3M

Mequiars Clay BS- Too sticky

FP- A pain to use for Me; not aggresive enough

Bill D
08-03-2004, 11:07 AM

AIO and SG- Fantastic on my wife`s silver car but not that impressed on my black car. Got better results with Meguairs and 3M

Wow!

I`m sure impressed with it on mine :nixweiss

Do you like NXT and 3m paste or liquid wax better?

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
08-03-2004, 12:47 PM

Your right they are all good products and I wouldn`t have bought them without reading good things about them. It very well could be technique. It`s not due to a lack of effort because I have researched and tried many methods. Again there are some products that I just didn`t need.

DACP- too aggressive for what I needed

S100- I thought it was going to give me a better "POP" that would justify applying it every 3-4 weeks.

Mequiars Clay BS- Too sticky

FP- A pain to use for Me; not aggresive enough

I see.

re: meg`s clay: did you use the one that was wrapped in the Meguair`s logo or the older one?

re: FP: I assume you mean FP and FP II. I`ve heard FP is hard to use. I use FP II which is very easy to use. And, yes, it`s not very aggressive but BOY what a great finish it leaves. :D

andriver
08-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Getting back to the main topic, I usually give my son-in-law whatever products I no longer use. He is appreciative for the freebies.

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
08-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by andriver

Getting back to the main topic, I usually give my son-in-law whatever products I no longer use. He is appreciative for the freebies.

Free products!! Hey! I wanna be your son-in-law too!!! lol :D

canisestinvia
08-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

Just make a thread in the Detailing Product Discussion section with pics and everything (people love pics :D...well I do). I am sure you will get some bites and get some new products to try out.

cool, ima make a post soon once i come up with a list of stuff.

twopu
08-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Bill D: I like the 3M paste wax. I`m getting an order of Poorboys stuff so I hope it tops everything else. I`ve never tried the NXT.

YouGottaBeLeaf: I believe it`s the old one.

I`m gonna just post things I want to get rid of and hopefully get some bites.