PDA

View Full Version : Pulling out my hair over the PC 7424

imported_00GREENMACHINE
08-02-2004, 08:31 PM
I have done a lot of searching and reading untill my eyes are crossed. I am trying to get the best bank for the buck. I have looked at the pc at costal tools and it comes with the extra 6" loop plate and counter weight.

I thought about getting the Sonus pad kit but that has the 5" backing plate and will need the 5" counter weight. I have also looked at the CMA pad kit with out backing plate for 39.99. Seems like the best deal but I thought I read that you need to use the 5" backing with a 6" to 7" pad???? Guys help me out. I need to get the best combo out there. I have looked at the LC pads but they seem higher than the other packages I have looked at. I need to order the pc and pads tonight. I have some birthday money burning my pocket

:D

ALso the Sonus kit has so many different color pads seems like 2 do the same thing.

I guess I need

White pad to apply precleaners and polishes

Yellow pad to apply smr

grey/black pad to apply finishing s100

flyinhigh
08-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by 00GREENMACHINE

I have done a lot of searching and reading untill my eyes are crossed. I am trying to get the best bank for the buck. I have looked at the pc at costal tools and it comes with the extra 6" loop plate and counter weight.

I thought about getting the Sonus pad kit but that has the 5" backing plate and will need the 5" counter weight. I have also looked at the CMA pad kit with out backing plate for 39.99. Seems like the best deal but I thought I read that you need to use the 5" backing with a 6" to 7" pad???? Guys help me out. I need to get the best combo out there. I have looked at the LC pads but they seem higher than the other packages I have looked at. I need to order the pc and pads tonight. I have some birthday money burning my pocket

:D

ALso the Sonus kit has so many different color pads seems like 2 do the same thing.

I guess I need

White pad to apply precleaners and polishes

Yellow pad to apply smr

grey/black pad to apply finishing s100

Not correct ,you will not need the 5" CW for the 5"bp,there is a thread that is in here not too far away that adresses this isue.

and all the pads are not the same.

I will find the thread for you and post a link in a min for you

flyinhigh
08-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Scroll down to the bottom of this thread and read the 4th one from the bottom :D

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41925

Now you have a little les hair to pull out :xyxthumbs :D

imported_00GREENMACHINE
08-02-2004, 09:23 PM
ok that makes me feel better about the counter weight. But would you go with a 5" pad kit or a 6" pad kit.

flyinhigh
08-02-2004, 09:46 PM
5"BP and 6" pads .Im using Sonus and I think some of the pads vary in sizes from Cut to Finish

imported_00GREENMACHINE
08-02-2004, 09:50 PM
i`m just going to get the pc from coastal and then the pads from cma. Cheapest way I see it. I will just have to be carefull with the buffer since the pad and the backplate will be inline withg each other.

flyinhigh
08-02-2004, 10:04 PM
10-4

Good Luck!! I found the PC very Easy to use.

imported_00GREENMACHINE
08-02-2004, 10:19 PM
I just found the kit i was looking for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was on autopia its the kits that comes with the 7424 ultimate polisher.

Its the 5" flexable backing plate, orange, white and grey pad for 39.95. I will order the pc with coastal tool so I will get the additional 6" plate incase I want to use it.

Thanks/